CHAPTER 6

....In the Marriage

LIES

ADELEKE

Marriage has never been for me. I never liked it and I didn't feel the need to accept it. Two weeks after our court wedding, I went back to my normal routines; work, party and sex. Though I don't think Oluchi expected things to work out that way and I could feel the shock on her face when she walked into my office that day and found Obiajulu, one of the assistants from the fifth floor; the textile department, faced down as she ate my cock passionately and deliciously.

"Oh...sorry; I didn't...." Oluchi muttered after she opened the door and took a minute to look at the scene with her mouth and eyes opened from shock.

"What brings you here?" I asked after I had pushed Obiajulu from me and hurriedly began to adjust my clothes and also urged her to do the same

Oluchi adjusted her glasses as the disappointment in her eyes couldn't hide. She smiled sadly as she closed the door and left. I could swear that it felt like a part of me got taken away but I couldn't understand what I felt and why I felt that way. I felt wrong and like a part of me had shattered another part of me.

We got a house of our own after the wedding. A big compound, two-floor apartment; three bedrooms upstairs, the parlor, kitchen and dining area downstairs.

Since we got married, we never had a proper discussion, just hey and hi. She made sure we were never in the same room at the same time but after the office incident, I could count how many times I ever saw her and it just felt like I lived alone. We ate separately, got out differently and came back at different times.

"How could you?" Henry yelled as he looked at me angrily and dropped his bottle aggressively on the table.

I felt devastated and had no choice but to bring him into the matter. I needed someone to help save my sanity so he was my run to as we drank at the bar.

"I really don't know what is wrong with me?" I replied as I sipped out of my bottle bothered and dropped it back.

"You need to make up your mind. Do you love this girl or not?"

"I really don't know Henry or rather I don't think so" I replied as I looked at me almost in tears

"Does your heart hurt?" Henry asked as he put his palm on my shoulder and tried to provide comfort

"It does but...."

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, I heard from the last person I needed to.

"Hey boys" Temidire yelled as he walked to our part of the bar, drunk and smiled wickedly

"Oh my God, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked pissed and only God could understand the agony I felt at that moment.

"Drinking my heart Adeleke, just like you wanted since you have taken everything away from me"

"What is this nigga saying right now?" I said irritated as I looked away from him and continued sipping from my bottle quietly

"Please Temidire, don't do this now, at least not here," Henry said as he stood up and tried to take Temidire out of my sight

Temidire pulled out himself from Henry's grip, "Let go of me, Henry. Right from our days in school, you are always on his side, all the time. You are supposed to be my friend too"

"I am and that's why I'm fighting so you don't get hurt"

"Help save him" Temidire said as he came closer to the bar and looked into my eyes "Oluchi loves me Leke and she will always love just me"