5-Milia

"Your powers?" Stuttered I.
I was in utter shock. Carol had told us that she didn't have any powers. Heck for 500 years, we didn't witness any powers.

Carol looked up at me and stared for a while, gulping. She had a 'thinking face'.

"Well go on then!" Yelled Lexi through the silence, causing us to flinch.

Carol began speaking in a slow soft voice.
"Yes. I have powers. I've always had it. Seriously I'm your aunt. Of course I have powers."

Kai's mouth was agape, looking offended.
"Well excuse us, for not questioning you, when you told us you didn't have any powers." Snapped Kai.

"Yeah. Were we just supposed to assume that our Aunt has been lying to us for centuries?" Bit Lexi sarcastically.

"Heck, you didn't come with us, through the rift. How do we even know that you're even our Aunt?" Hissed I.

"Oh don't be silly. Of course I'm your aunt. I lied about my powers to p-protect you."

"All I've ever done is protect you." Cried Carol, as she started bawling.

I rolled my eyes. "Bloody hell. Here we go again."

"I-I feel so confused." Said Jess, who was glaring at Carol, trying to analyse her.

"Why did you do it?" Questioned Lexi.

"M-my powers are dangerous. It isn't a gift. It's a burden." Sniffed Carol.

"So you decided to lie?" Whimpered Stiles, who was pouting, resembling a young child, betrayed by his parents.

Carol just started weeping, even more intensely. Maybe it was the fact, that even Stiles was angry at her.

Lexi scoffed. "This isn't the time for you to throw a pity party. Go on." Commanded Lexi.

Carol wiped her tears and started nodding.

"It started when I came back to Earth. Methaya had wiped out everything. I was weak from the final battle and had to rest. I-I couldn't save your m-mother. I followed you through the rift, days after you guys did. Yet you weren't there. I spent weeks trying to track you down. My powers weren't strong enough yet. You were relocating as you were confused. I understand that."

"One day. That one night. I was desperate. On the edge of giving up. Yet suddenly I had a vision. It showed me where you were. So I followed." Said Carol.

"Oh. So that's how you found us. I always found it a bit odd." Mumbled Jess.

"I didn't tell you about my powers because I felt ashamed. I hadn't grasped my powers, before in Opentam. So I couldn't fend off Methaya. I lost to her. So I buried it and that memory. Yet after your powers started returning, through fragments. My powers started simmering inside of me again, trying to dig it's way out. I started getting really bad visions. Bad ones. They sought out violence.  They were about you. All of you." Muttered Carol.

"What about all of us?" Asked Kai.

"It wasn't- clear. My visions never were. I mostly just get a feeling surrounding something and lately, I have this feeling that's been getting more- intense."

"What feeling?" I asked. Even though I predicted the answer.

"Death."
—————————————
"You think that powers are a gift. It's a curse. You don't know the real story. The real truth.
The story of Milia." She continued.

"As you know. Our last name is Quine. The  royal name. It is shortened from the word 'Magiquine'.
A Magiquine is a magical being, with magical blood. Believe me, we are not the only magical beings.

Thousands and thousands of years ago. The original Magiquine was born from darkness. Said to have emitted a gaseous form of gold that would melt the eyes of gods. Her first breath gave life to the withering plants and turned the cold steel blue sky into a fiery purple.

Her name was Milia.

History claimed her to be tranquil, soft and pleasant. She ruled Imperium as she ruled the world.

You guys were taught that because of her, the war of Milia ended, as she became the rightful ruler.

Yet what you don't know is that Milia was the dictator of monsters. She was born from darkness, yet it was her who birthed fire.

Power driven, she rebuked The Supremes and she slaughtered magical beings, reigning terror amongst all.

The war of Milia wasn't started before Milia. It was created by her. The plants that once comforted the hatred was murdered by it. The bright gold moon diluted into a cold dim blue, as it slowly faded into the mistress-space.

Milia was struck with evil so damned, that like a savage predator turned tame, she defied darkness itself. It isn't known how Milia produced a child or with whom but it is known that the child was said to have a power.

The power to tell the future.

The child was a Marhyine(the foreshadowing power). Me and your mother was also Marhyines. In fact every single Magiquine royal was a Marhyine. Yet it was kept hidden from the mortals, as we knew the truth and we had to protect.

There was a problem though. Famine was spreading and people were growing restless. To prevent war. Our parents, your grandparents, had decided to reveal our dying secret, that every generation swore to keep hidden. Mine and Mana's powers to spread hope. It was meant to be harmless. They even took extra procedures and foresaw our futures. However, it had deceived us by showing us a false reality, where everything was perfect. Methaya was unseen. She somehow was blocked from it. Due to her also possessing a type of psychic power. It wasn't our fault." Uttered Carol.

Breaking the silence. I spoke
"You said that you had to protect. Protect what?"

Carol, avoiding contact, began speaking again.

"Milia was so powerful that The Supremes, darkness and light, had anchored Milia's powers to her child's blood.

The child murdered Milia and-

-The truth is. That one day. Royal children will be born, each representing the fragments of Milia-"

"-And with them.
Milia will rise."