27-Mutation

Without thinking I pulled open the door and closed it. I kept thinking about what Edgar said to me, right before I left. He said 'I'm sorry.' And when I asked why, he replied 'You'll see.'

Whatever the hell that means.

Awaiting me was the exact same corridor. It was dark and the same door that I walked past previously was still stood there, lighted by two lonely candles.

The moment I inhaled. I felt the cold breeze fill inside of me, twisting my body. I shivered and flinched at the uncomfortableness that I endured.

The more further I walked. The intensified the sheer coldness became. I decided to try another door. The one furthest to me. I reached the pearly white handle and pulled it open.

——————————

I was sucked inside a giant chamber. Floating candlelight's greeted me as I closed the door. A giant mahogany table was planted right in the centre. With 6 chairs that thrusted automatically in place.

A bell abruptly started ringing and from on top of the stairs, I could hear a door opening.

Suddenly people started streaming down the two stairs. The stairs weaved as they led down to the tables.

The king and his wife went down opposite stairs, followed by their company.
They all took a seat. The king had brown hair that flowed gracefully to his ears. He looked extremely handsome and young and wonderfully normal. So Normal.

His wife, on the other hand had a light pink gorgeous hair. With a frothy fringe.

She looked stunning. She wore a beautiful golden gown with a crowned collar that soothes her tight neck. She had a button nose with large cyan eyes. Underneath her lids, were thick bags reflecting tiredness. She sat down at the end of the table, with her husband sitting directly opposite at the other end, like two leaders.

Beside her was another woman. Carol. Except she looked even younger than before. Much younger. Her hair was sky blue and even longer. It slithered down her behind and was evened perfectly. The top of her hair was wrapped like a bow. She wore a crystal white dress that had cuffed sleeves and a cuffed waist. She looked like a very young adult. Perhaps about 18/19 here. The other seats weren't accustomed by anyone. Instead a small man approached the king, bowing down.

"Ahem. My king." Squeaked the man. His voice was extremely timid.

"The nurses are tending to the children. They have been fed and taken care for."

Although it should've taken me earlier to notice. It was then where I realised that the Queen was my mother and that was Valencio, my father.

My heart dropped. I wasn't very close to my father but I remember my mother. Her happiness was radiant and she cared for us very much.

Yet seeing her hurt me, because I could never see her again. She's dead. She died and her killer is sitting next to her.

I looked at Carol, who was giggling like a child. Positioned at the top of her hair was a silver tiara. Fury overtook me. Why was that bitch sitting with my mother. Sitting like a princess. The Tramp.

It then hit me. If I was here, in this memory.
Where was my younger self. I had to be what,  a baby or an infant. I droned out for the rest of the mans conversation. He was bold and was wearing a bright red uniform with black padding on the shoulders and the sleeve. He looked extremely anxious and droplets of sweat rested on his forehead.