Night Six

The party was in full swing. Unless the previous party, every contestant had arrived to the beach party. There was much less food, which was understandable to due a lot of contestants being dead. Watching the military carry out the bodies set a sombre mood.

Especially for Davis, who saw Ash's body being moved about once again. They didn't even cover the bodies with a cloth. No dignity and no respect for the dead.

"Those assholes!" Davis muttered to Ken. "Have they got no respect for dead. They're carrying them like they're lumps meat."

Ken held his hand. "Won't be long till we're out of here."

"What's wrong with you?" Davis asked pressing his hands into his hair and banging his head on the table as others drank and sang their heart out.

"There's nothing wrong with me." Ken pulled his chair against the wall. "You're just going crazy."

Ken's voice as soothing as it was, could not shake the feeling of dread and regret that weighed him down. On the outside he seemed fine, with his bottle of beer and cheerful tone, but so did everyone else.

Smiling rainbows on the outside, falling apart on the inside.

Davis is quickly overwhelmed by conversations around him. He hated life on the island. He'd go as far as saying he'd welcome death, but there's someone he has to live for. He wanted to make things right for Ken, to make up for the times he failed to save his friends. The heavy burden crippled him.

"Well, well, Ashton, you really do like the flat chested girls?"

"What the hell Monika?"

"Don't be so flustered. Nothing wrong with that."

"Umm Monika...Ashton likes me for me, not for my body."

"Yes, that's right."

"Oh my god, you too are blushing. You two are so cute."

"Just try not to kill us," Ashton hissed. "Honestly, our intestines will not look good on you."

"I don't want to kill you." Listening to Monika's conversation with Ashton and Isabella made Davis shiver. Even though her tone was sincere and sweet, he knew there was something sinister inside it. "I ship the hell out of you."

Davis steered his head to the other side, hearing Victor's muffled voice.

"Yuri...if something happens to me, I just want you to know that I love you very much."

"I love you too."

Davis steered his head again as his bottle shattered on the floor. "I don't know how long I can stay on this island."

"Hopefully not longer. We might be out by tomorrow. They reckon there's only 100 left."

"If we get out alive that is." Davis took a deep breath as his hands shivered under the desk. "Seeing all those bodies, moments of silence every morning. This whole regime and RHF Corp trying to make you feel bad about destroying robots, when defeating them is the only way to get off the island."

"RHF are a complete mystery to me," Ken said. "Their heart is in the right place but a lot of their actions make no sense."

"Do you want to know what the worse thing is?"

Ken took heavy pause. "Davis, there's so much wrong with this show and this island. It's hard to pick what's worse."

"I know what it is. It's losing all your friends one by one. I love you Ken, I don't want to lose you."

Ken blushed from the abruptness. "I love you too..."

"I miss them!" Davis sobbed. He wondered if the spirits of Naruto, Hinata, Ash and May were angry at him. "I want them to come back!"