For you, my love

I just want to apologize in advance. I typed this out on my phone. My laptop is broken, so sorry if it looks weird! This was written rather quickly, so please excuse any grammatical errors. If you haven't played the Summerset Chapter, don't read this. There are spoilers. (Once again, I don't own TESO, or its characters! I don't know who took the screenshot of Darien. I just found it on google.) I hope you enjoy.

The once gleaming Dawnbreaker floats in front of us, now giving off a dark, and ominous aura. It hovers menacingly, almost daring us to reach out and grab it. Before we can react, darkness rapidly surrounds us. It envelopes us like a tsunami wave crashing into an ant pile.

Darien lets out a mighty roar, as a bright light washes away the darkness.
"We... are not... dying... like this!" He shouts.

I open my eyes and see Darien toppled over, his breathing labored. "Darien..." I breathe as I stare at him in awe. He takes a few deep breaths before he straightens to his full height.

"Nocturnal's earl was wrong." He says, his eyes darting back and forth across the floor as he sorts through his thoughts. "Meridia's power, it's not gone." He continues, his green eyes now falling on me. "Her magic remains strong and vibrant." His eyes soften and sadness slowly seeps in. "The vessel. The last Light of Meridia... It's me."

My brows furrow in confusion, my heart aching at the look on his face. What is he trying to say?

"The vessel? The Last Light?" I repeat. "What do you mean, Darien?" I ask cautiously, not knowing if I'll like his answer.

"I finally understand everything Meridia told me." He confesses as he takes a few steps closer to me, and takes my hands into his. "Her power, it's inside me. And with it I can remove the corruption from Dawnbreaker." He brings his hand to my face and cups my cheek, his thumb gently stroking me. "I can fill the relic with divine energy again." A small, sad smile appears on his face.

I try to make sense of what he tells me as a tightness falls on my chest. My eyes search his handsome face, and my breathing becomes more shallow.

"Sotha Sil said we needed a relic with divine energy to repair the Transparent Law crystal." I think out loud, still trying to figure out Darien's words. He lifts my chin with his finger, forcing my eyes to meet his.

"Then this is even better. You can use the restored Dawnbreaker to save the world..." he pauses for a moment, looking uncomfortable. "I just won't be around to see it." He says quietly. I grip his forearm tightly as his words slice right through me.

What?

Before I can protest, Darien continues. "I finally understand. I'm the vessel of Meridia. Her champion." He explains with pride. "But..." he says in a softer, more sincere tone. "You're the key to stopping Nocturnal and saving reality." My eyes begin to sting, as tears threaten to spill down my cheeks. I furiously shake my head at Darien. My mind deliberately refusing to understand, even though deep down I already know. Breathing becomes harder as my mind spins out of control.

"Darien, what are you saying?" I ask breathlessly, desperately trying to ground myself and not panic. Darien watches me sympathetically as my vision blurs. The tears that I tried so hard to keep at bay, now stream down my cheeks.

Darien takes my face with both hands this time, and speaks softly as gazes into my watering eyes. "I'm saying you've got this." His bright green eyes are filled with pride and confidence as he speaks to me. "Whenever a threat appears- you bring the champions together. You find a way to win," he elaborates. He pauses to let his words sink in. His eyes flickering with emotion. "It's you," he breathes softly.

He studies my face as if trying to memorize every inch of it. His gaze falls on my mouth, and his intense eyes flicker to mine once more. He holds my gaze as he licks his lips, asking for permission to kiss me louder than any words he could have spoken.