Chapter 6

*ShadeStars POV*

"Ahh!" I turned to see OwlFeather jumping over SwiftFeet to escape the four apprentices that were yelling "Mama-bear" over and over while chasing him, I turn back to the nursery 'Wait a minute!' , I do a double take and see that my mind was not making things up, OwlFeather is being chased by apprentices, "Mama-bear!" BrightPaw yells causing the other three apprentices to echo it back, "Whats going on?" A sleepy voice mews from behind me, I turn to see the three kits awake and sitting at the entrance of the nursery, I panicked 'I just got them to sleep' I turn back to the cats that are still racing around the camp, "Stop!" I yowl causing everyone in the camp to stop and stare at me only to see my ears pinned back and tail flicking from side to side angrily, "You woke the kits" I growl at apprentices and OwlFeather causing BrightPaw to take a nervous step back, "Everyone go back to your dens, If your eating take it with you, I don't want anymore loud noises waking up the kits" I hiss before turning back to the kits who were slowly backing back into the den, "Lets get you back to sleep" I sigh, Seeing the apprentices scrambling back into their den my ears lift and my tail slows down.

Following the kits back into the nursery I direct them to a nest near the entrance of the den, "I know I said to act like a leader, but scaring the entire camp into their dens is impressive" A mew comes from behind me, Turning I see SparkFurs head peaking into the den, "Kay is coming to take care of the kits for the afternoon, She's waiting outside for you to leave" He mews before looking at the nest the kits were in "Precious little fuzz balls" I purr sounds from beside him to nod "I agree Mitch they are fuzz balls" I purrs back, "Hey!" A squeak sounds from the nest causing the two toms to chuckle before backing out of the den, "Kay you can go in now!" I mew when exiting the den, She gets up from her spot next to the fresh kill pile and pads into the nursery, "Thanks Xylo for getting them back to sleep" She purrs as she passes, I chuckle before turning to the other toms "And she says that she doesn't act like a mum to those three" I mew quietly "Then your a lousy dad" PoolPelt mews while giving SparkFur a teasing push, "I- uh- um" Was the response to the teasing 'If we were still human he would be a tomato!' Me and PoolPelt chuckle at response, Shaking his head he flattens his ears while looking to the ground in embarrassment "I hate you two" He mumbles.

"Sure you do" PoolPelt chuckles from beside him the blue-grey tom on the verge of tears, "I sure-" He looks up at me a smirk on his face, "Do!" He yowls as he pounces at me, being caught off guard I tumble backwards his paws pinning me down, "Ack!" I yelp, Pulling my hind legs towards my body and tensing my muscles I shoot my legs out and into his chest causing him to yelp from shock "Ah!" He fell backwards and onto his back quickly recovering and climbing back onto his feet, I was already standing by the time he was on his feet my eyes tracking his every move, I dash towards him causing him to dash to his right before stopping and looking back at me, I continue my course and dash strait into a shadow, "Cheater!" SparkFur mewed in a quiet yowl when I shot out of the shadow and strait into him. "Always expect the unexpected" PoolPelt purred from beside his den, Scrambling to his feet SparkFur chuckled, "I'm going back to my den, Night you two" I purr before padding towards my den, "Same here" I hear PoolPelt mew from behind me, Walking into the den and curling up in my den I slowly drift off to sleep.