(Spring) Chapter 7: The Hybrid

''Marie are you alright?'' Clara asked one she felt they were far enough from the building of their captor. The winged mouse reponded with a nod of her head. They were now outside of the town in a big wooden area. Clara didn't know where she was going but she thought anywhere would be better than staying close to these monsters who had transformed poor Marie in this form.

Their walk through nature was interupted as they heard a low growl coming from behind a bush. Before she could understand what was happening a wolf made entirely out of wood began to run toward them with it's mouth wide open. Letting out a scream of horror the girl began to sprint back toward the town.

When they came close to the town the wooden creature stopped and hissed toward them before running back toward the forest. Clara was confused, why did the creature stopped folowing them as soon as they got close to town? Clara decided she shouldn't look at a gifted horse in the mouth. Now that she knew the world outside was dangerous she decided that instead of running away it would be a better idea to hide and learn more about how much the world has changed since the Invasion.

Clara was careful to only walked in back alleys and tried to be seen by the least amount of people possible. She didn't know how far the influence of her kidnappers spreaded after all. For all she knew this was a town full of psychos. Clara smiled when she came face to face in front of a library. This could be the perfect place to lay low and learn more assuming people had written any books in the time she had been frozen.

Making sure that no one was watching her. She ran toward the building at first she thought of just going to the front door. But she thought better of it, she wanted to lay low for a while and if the librarian knew she was there she would be kicked out as soon as the library closed. She saw door close to the ground that led to the basement the library.

Much to her relief the window effortlessly opened up. She guessed the librarian wasn't that worried about thieves since libraries tend to lend books for free. The window was a bit small for her but she managed to squeeze throught and landed on the ground with a small thud.

This section of the libraries had many shelves but most of them were empty and there were spider webs everywhere. Maybe this part of the library had been abandoned? Luckily for her she found an old flashlight laying around and it still worked she looked around for the few books that remain bit to her disappointment most of the book were fictions written before the Invasion.

As much as she would like to read Harry Potter again she had more important things to learn. In the corner of her eyes she noticed that a book had been thrown into the trash bin. That piqued her interest why would a library throw away a book? The book was a simple yellow color and written in red color was 'Children of The Great Ones: How to Become More Than Humans.'

Instantly something didn't sit well with the title of the book and Maries made her known that she didn't like it either with a soft squeak. ''Don't worry Marie it's just a book, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about maybe the librarian just threw it because it's been damaged?'' Ignoring the protest of the small winged mouse Clara opened the book and began to read.

Dear readers you might be wondering what are the Great Ones and how can they help us overcoming these frail humans bodies we have been accustomed to? Well wonder no more! The Great Ones have freed us of the shackles of civilisation! For millenia humanity has been stuck working as willing slaves for leaders that did not care about them. The Great Ones freed us by destroying the thrones of lies and greed of such leaders. People see this as a tragedy, but nay! This was the first step to our next evolution!

By joining the Great Ones we will become more! They freed us of corrupted leaders who were guided by nothing more than greed and lazyness! People have tried to get rid of the Great One's children over and over again, these creatures we call the Elestia, but nay! We should accept them as brother and sisters and join them in the worship of The Great Ones! For only then will humanity stop being the preys hiding like cattle in our walls of stones and finally become equal to the Elestia!