Chapter 11.2 - Skarlett's surprise

The next morning arrived and the sun rose up and shone brightly and the birds were singing their songs which gracefully woke the beautiful and young riddle heiress from her slumber. As she woke up, she glanced  at the clock on her bedside table and saw what day it was and smiled remembering that today's her birthday so she got up out of bed and excitedly got ready for the day ahead. 

As she was getting ready, there was a knock on her window so she turned around and saw Draco's owl waiting to be let in by tapping its beak on the window, she giggled and went to the window and the owl flew in and landed on her desk, stuck his leg out for her to take the letter attached. Skarlett smiled and took the letter, gave the owl a treat and petted it on the head which the owl gently pecked at her finger in appreciation for the treat then hooted at her and flew out of the window back to its owner. Skarlett just laughed at the owl's personality which was similar to Draco's and with that thought, she sat at her desk and read the letter and the biggest smile came across her face. She  folded up the letter and place it in her special drawer with the other letters that Draco had sent her then went back to getting ready for the day. Once she was ready, she headed downstairs to greet her parents for breakfast. 

"Good morning mother, good morning father." Skarlett said greeting her parents as she took a seat at the dining room. "Good morning sweetie." Both her parents replied. "Happy birthday angel." Her mother said passing her a perfectly wrapped box with a bow on it. "What's this?" Skarlett asked picking up the box. "Open it and find out." Her father said from behind his paper, so she unwrapped excited to see what is inside, she opened up the box and saw the most beautiful pair of earrings that matched the locket that Draco gave her at the reveal ball. "Thank you, these are beautiful and they match Draco's locket he gave me, thank you so much i love them." Skarlett said getting up to hug her parents. "You're welcome sweetie, we thought you would like it so we're glad you do." Skarlett's mother said hugging her daughter back. " You are most welcome my angel, i'm glad you like them, your mother and i had them designed specifically to match the locket." Skarlett's father said putting down his paper to give his daughter the biggest hug back.

Skarlett went and sat back down in her seat again and began filling up her bowl with fruit and yogurt. "So ... have you heard from Draco at all?" Skarlett's mother asked whilst pouring her tea. "Yes i did actually, he sent me a letter this morning." Skarlett replied after taking a sip of her orange juice. "Oh really, what did the letter say?" Charlena asked intrigued about what Draco had to say to her daughter. "He wished me a happy birthday, said he wishes he could see me today but his mother roped him into helping her with something but other than that he also said for me to enjoy my special day and he says hi to you both as well." Skarlett replied whilst finishing off her breakfast. "Aww, that was sweet of him to wish you a happy birthday and to wish he could spend the day with you, don't you think Tom?" Charlena said asking her husband what he thought. "Umm hmmm." Tom replied continuing to read his paper and Charlena rolled her eyes as the lack of attention her husband was paying to what she was asking him which caused her daughter to laugh a little at her parents interactions with one another. 

Just as Skarlett was finishing her breakfast, the door bell rang. "I wonder who that could be, i will do and check." Skarlett said as she got up from her seat and went to check who was at the door, a few minutes later and she came back into the dining room with a long parcel in her hand addressed to her. "Who's that from sweetheart?" Asked her mother. "I don't know." Skarlett answered walking back to her seat with the parcel in hand. "Well open it and find out." Charlena said interested in what her daughter had received so Skarlett opened up the parcel and looked inside. "What's inside the parcel sweetie?" Charlena asked curious as to what was inside the box. "there is a single flower, one of my favourites - sweet peas." Skarlett replied lifting up the flower towards herself and saw a note within the box, so she picked out the note and read it. "What does it say?" Charlena asked her daughter. "It says 'Roses are red and Violets are blue but i know they are not your favourite so go to the place where i first met you." Skarlett replied reading the note out loud.