Never Lose You Again

"I'm going to kill him,"

Elena rolled her eyes and sighed,

"You're overreacting as usual," she said as she placed a bowl of fruits in front of Damon.

About an hour ago the vampire had come over to her house to see if his sister, who had disappeared all of the sudden, was at her place. When it turned out she wasn't and that she was also no where else Damon began to walk around Elena's house nervously, annoying the teenage girl just slightly. To get him out of her hair she had asked the obvious question:

"Have you asked Elijah?"

After fletching his teeth and doing that eye thing he did whenever he was annoyed, Damon caved in and called Elijah. What he found out was that his baby sister had snuck out in the middle of the night to go to New York with her boyfriend.

Damon hasn't left Elena's house ever since then nor has he stopped complaining about the Original.

"He thinks he's sooooo above all of us with his morals yet he follows my sister around like a love sick puppy, totally disregarding how disgusted that makes me feel!" Damon declared , frowning as he took some fruit and placed it inside his mouth. Elena couldn't stop the chuckle that escaped her mouth upon seeing the frustrated vampire. It reminded her of when she had first started dating and Jeremy was grossed out by it. Damon glared at Elena for laughing and the girl laughed even harder.

"Come on now," she spoke, still chuckling.

"He's not 'following her around' they just want to spend time together. That's what you do when you love someone," Elena said before also taking some fruit. Damon shifted in his chair that stood by the kitchen table.

"Don't tell me you're like Blondie that thinks they're soooooo romantic," he stated, rolling his eyes afterwards.

Elena gave him a hard glance for calling Caroline by the degrading nickname before shrugging with her shoulders.

"You can't rely deny that they're cute," she said casually before taking the now empty bowl and going over to the sink to wash it.

Damon groaned loudly, making Elena bit the inside of her cheeks to supress a smile.

"Come on, Damon! I mean they literally married each other back then. That's like the most romantic thing you can do when you know that you'll definitely live forever," Elena declared, smiling as she thought about the couple they were talking about.

She had finished rinsing off the bowl and turned around so she could get a towel but was startled when she was met with Damon's chest instead. The vampire was as usual way too close to her.

Elena just rolled her eyes at the smirking Damon and walked past him, used to his antics.

"Just because you marry doesn't mean you'll be together forever. What he should've done is taken her to some place where Klaus would never see her and not play happy family with him," Damon declared as he walked after Elena.

"He did that! But you know how Klaus is. He would've found her with or without Elijah falling for her since he thought she'd lead him to Katherine," Elena explained. Her mood dropped slightly and she worriedly looked over to Damon.

"Since we're talking about Klaus.." she began worriedly biting on her lip.

Damon stiffened slightly at the elephant in the room. A few days ago Elena had found out that Stephan hadn't given every coffin back to Klaus and that he, Damon and Bonnie were trying to awake whatever is inside of it. Klaus had been recently been distracted with hybrids, getting Mystic Falls to trust him and most importantly his reunited family. The power play with Stephan had stopped for a while but now Klaus was settled. Settled and pissed that Stephan tried to play a power play with him almost daily.