Chapter Four

~Jade~

Here I am still sipping my coffee at a table in the back of the coffee shop. I've been just thinking about everything that's happened in the last 12 hours.

One, when I woke up this morning my Mom and Dad were gone again, wanna know how I know, they left their black card. You know, the ones that never run out of money. That's how I know they are going to be gone for a long time.

So I was already in a wonky mood from that, then I see this girl all over Beck and I just snapped. I didn't expect it to escalate to that. But I guess if that's how he thinks of me then it was for the best.

Then this random girl shows up like she knows me, and something in my heart moved because I felt like she actually could. I really don't know how to explain it, but what I can explain is that this is way beyond Beck, and Beck was everything.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a text from Cat.

Cat: Can you come pick me up? My brother is doing that weird thing again

Jade: Ugh I guess, bring me some of those brownies.

Cat: OKAY! hahaha

I didn't even realize how long I had been there. It had to be at least three hours. I put my unused laptop back in my bag before throwing away my trash and walking out the door. I start my walk back to school. It didn't take long since it was like a block away.

As soon as I got in and started the car, the radio started playing. I didn't recognize the song but I related to the lyrics,

Cause this is the fifth time I've taken you back

It's the fourth time, that we've relapsed

It's the third second chance that I've given you

For the first time, let this be the last

Fifth time I've taken you back

It's the fourth time, that I've collapsed into your arms

It's so hard, but for the best

For the first time, let this be the last

That's the perfect way to describe me and Beck's relationship. It was so back and forth, that now that I think about it, gives me a headache.

He was my one and only ever serious relationship, he was all I knew, but damn was it toxic. More on my part than anything. He's a really genuine dude, why did he put up with me for as long as he did.

I must have been driving on auto-pilot because I had made it to Cat's house already texting her that I was out front.

The next song made me groan,

Cause all I know is we said, "Hello"

And your eyes look like comin' home

All I know is a simple name

And everything has changed

All I know is you held the door

You'll be mine and I'll be yours

All I know since yesterday

Is everything has changed

And all my walls, Stood tall painted blue

But I'll take 'em down, take 'em down

And open up the door for you

And all I feel, In my stomach, is butterflies

The beautiful kind, makin' up for lost time

Takin' flight, makin' me feel like

I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now

I just wanna know you, know you, know you

And just like that with a simple song, my mind has me thinking about those Hazel eyes again. The ones that had Gold and Green swirling around seeking out my soul. Now I know that's dramatic but that's what it felt like when she looked at me for the first time.

Cat unexpectedly hopped into the passenger's seat, with a container. "Jade!!!" She yelled while giggled trying to hug me.

"NO!" I yelled back, she pouted but let go nonetheless.

"So what did your brother do now?" I asked while holding my hand out for the brownies she told me she made the previous night. She perked back up at the question.

"He tried to make me play the one game with him again! But then I remembered that you told me to never play it with him and to text you so I did.

I was confused, but then remembered what she was talking about, "Good choice, so what do you want to do." I ask while taking a bite of a brownie.

"You'll be mad at me," she said timidly playing with her hair.

"Why? What is it?" I ask while shifting into drive, merging back into the lane.

"I told Tori I would get you for the movie night party at her house tonight with the group.

I groaned loudly, "Ugh why didn't you tell me that before! You know I just broke up with Beck "

"I thought he broke up with you?"

"That's not the point!"

"But that's why we are having it to make everybody happy again"

After driving for a couple minutes in silence I gave in.

"Fine. Any other disappointing news you'd like to share?" I ask while turning onto Tori's street.

"OH! Me and Tori made a new friend. She was in our Science class last period. Also, where did you go? You weren't at lunch."

"I went to the coffee shop around the corner to work on Homework." I dismissed, pulling up behind Andre's car on the side of the road. "And She? Please don't tell me it was the girl from the hall?" I pleaded.

"Wellllll" Cat said in a high-pitched tone, avoiding eye contact.

I groaned while banging on the Vega door.

As the door opened, I pushed Cat in and flopped on the couch.

I didn't look to see who opened it, I just closed my eyes and threw my head back and sighed loudly, "I don't wanna be here"

"Then why did you come?" Said a soft voice from beside me, the same voice that's been on repeat all day.

I turn my head and open my eyes to see her hazel ones, leaned over the back of the couch, "Because I was set up, I'm guessing you're the new friend the little redhead was talking about"

"Uhh, yeah in my last class Cat and Tori were my partners and they ended up asking if I wanted to hang out with them and their friends tonight."

Before I could reply everybody came in from the kitchen with snacks and drinks and sat down "So what's the first movie?"

~~

A/N: Sorry for the lateness but I suddenly got motivation for a chapter so here you go!!

~Terris💞