The Nightmare

Spells can be a truly nasty thing. Especially when you have something to hide. Suddenly, someone cares enough to look...and they find their answer.

>Baz<

The day had began the same as it has for the past seven years. Simon and Baz wake up, exchange whatever the opposite of pleasantries are and avoid spending as much time as possible together.  This occurred for different reasons in the two boys. Simon believed Baz was an evil vampire who was planning his demise...Baz was bitter that he had fallen in love with the boy destined to bring about his demise. The symbol of his family's hatred, the Mage's Heir. He had only truly figured out his feelings in his fifth year and ever since then he had had nightmares of Simon Snow slaughtering him with a smile. More recently they had become a much more vivid reoccurring nightmare? Dream? He could never be quite sure. This might be the best outcome possible for the future.

 Simon sneers down at Baz as he has him pinned below him with the tip of his sword against Baz's chest, above his heart. Baz has thought about this exact situation plenty of times. He knew this would end in flames. They locked eyes as Simon started to increase the pressure on the sword, the tip starting to pierce Baz's skin. "We both knew it would come to this. We always knew. I love you, Simon Snow.", Baz croaks. With that, Simon drives his blade through his heart.

Baz always woke up in a cold sweat and was lucky to get any sleep for the rest of the night. He would spend the rest of the night tossing and turning and end up getting at an ungodly hour. Of course, Snow was none the wiser. He was truly the most unobservant person Baz has ever met.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi everyone! This is a quick set up chapter and I plan to try to update once to twice a week. I hope you enjoyed this insanely short chapter.