chapter 2 The mark!

From here onwards our Alina will tell her beautiful story to us .

Enjoy reading.

Alina Rose Winston POV

I was surrounded by lights and sounds. I was waiting in the bigger auditorium which is filled with more than five hundred people out of those five hundred people I was sitting in the front row wearing a black classy yet sexy dress and on either side of me are sitting my both parents . We held our hands tightly and I was praying to God desperately.

The auditorium which was echoing with different kinds of sounds a moment ago went silent suddenly as if all are gone dumb in one click of a remote bottom. It doesn't felt like nomal soothing and peaceful silence which makes you sleep. It felt like the silence before the thunder and trust me if I would have dropped a pin right there at that very moment that it would have resonated in the whole auditorium making all of them go deaf .

Our peaceful slumber of silence was broken by none other than the award announcer.
"And the best selling author of the year goes to..." The award announcer present on the stage stopped almost shopping my heart with tension .
why will people always does that ?Do they feel happy by seeing others in tention or I don't know why they think that this is a suspense thriller film and they start performing live itself on the stage drowning people in more tension that they don't even remember if they are biting their nails or their finger off and on the other side there is my mum who held my hand very tightly piercing her well manicured and painted nails into my skin but I don't know why but I doesn't feel any pain may be because of the adrenaline rushing in my blood where as in other times I would have created so much of drama on that .

I am concentrating more on the hanging words of the award announcer as he started speaking again.
" So.. the best selling author of the year goes...." He stopped again.

Not again ! I thought to myself frustratedly . I just want to kick his ass for doing that but I can't as I was trying to be very decent here and what if I kick him as he changes his mind as gives the award to my opponent .
Nope, I can't risk that!

"Goes to none other than Alina Rose Winston" . The award announcer announced and I almost fainted as soon as those thousands of watts of speakers took my name from the small receiver and echoed thunderously in the whole auditorium like large drums, synchronising them with the drums already beating in my heart

"Alina!
You won! " My mum who is already jumping with happiness shouted joyfully and my dad was clapping proudly on my success with biggest smile I have ever seen and happy tears in his eyes where as I sat there frozen like the ice from The Frozen movie!

" You did it my child !
You did it !" I heard my mum saying to me as she hugged me tightly and tears started to make their way through my eyes and I group hugged both my parents before going on the stage to receive the award. I carefully climbed on the stairs of the stage so that not to fall and make myself a joke as I was already very nervous.

I walked towards the award presenters who are looking at me with a genuine smile. The award presenter extended their hand towards me to present the award and it felt like my dream is already coming true . To live in the moment I slowly extended my hand in slow motion to receive the award of my life which I always dreamed day and night . But before the award could reach my hands the thunderous scream left from my throat and my eyes wide opened as I was all wet from head to toe due to the cold water flowing on me like I was bathing in the Niagara waterfalls in the early morning breaking my beautiful dream.

" What the f*** ! " I shouted and and opened my closed eyes again by rubbing the water flow from my hair to eyes.

"Wow.. look at the best selling author's language.
Commendable!" He said over acting .