Chapter 5

"Are you Impa?"

She looks at you sadly, "You don't remember me?"

You shake your head, "my mind is a bit fuzzy, I remembered something but I don't understand it..."

She looks you in the eyes and smiles. "Yes, I am Impa... if you would like I can tell you a story to aid you in remembering."

You nod you head, "please...."

She sat back and started her tale.

~~~~~~~~

"It all began around 100 years ago when the Hero was in trouble, he was close to meeting Death's cold hands, cornered by beasts of Ganon's.

Out of nowhere, someone had come to his aid. They swiftly defeated the foes and defended the Hero, saving his life.

They spoke little and stood by his side until help came and they parted ways.

The Hero tried to find his Guardian Angel but to no avail.

That is until he was in trouble once more, the Guardian came to his aid once again but instead of making their escape the Hero stopped them.

Not many words were spoken but the Hero thanked them and invited them to dine with the other Champions.

They were welcomed and soon became one of them. They stood by their sides. Helping and defending them from any harm.

Their skill was seemingly unlimited with any weapon. They lived happily with their newly found family.

Until Ganon came..."

~~~~~~~~~

Impa stopped her take as you, gripped your head. Short flashes of memories came to your head.

None of them stayed long enough for you to know what they meant, but one stood out among the rest. It was short but you could just barely make it out.

You were running towards someone, their face was a blur as you ran. You couldn't hear anything well, it was muffled but it sounded like you were calling to them. You pushed them away from an unknown danger. All you saw was the shine of a blade as it was swung towards were the person you pushed and were you now stood...

Your hand flew to your side as you fell to the floor, the door flew open at the same time, you could hear footsteps quickly make their way to you.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright? What are you doing here?!" It was Link, the sound of his worried and slightly angered voice rung through your ears.

Impa watched almost amused at the two of you.

"Hyla must be watching out for us if you two had found each other after all these years..." Impa spoke, causing the two to look up at her. "It must be time for Ganon's demise..."

"How are we going to defeat him by ourselves?" You asked, Impa looked to Link her eyes shown with an emotion you couldn't quite understand.

"You must free the 4 divine beasts and discover who you are... both of you" Link seemed to understand.

"Now go! Hyrule needs you!" Imap states, "Zora's Domain is not far away! Once you have defeated the sickness within return to me!"

~~~~~~~~~

You two were packing up to leave for Zora's Domain. You had gotten your clothes back and was stocking put on supplies such as food, rope, and othering things you thought would be helpful.

Link seemed to but upset with you, yet you didn't really mind. Your thoughts were wandering elsewhere, mostly around the newest "memory" if you can even call it that. Every time you replayed it your side would pulse with a sharp pain, you were starting to think that's how you got the nasty gash. You fidgeted with the chain on your hip while you were lost in thought, you stopped as Link came into sight.

"Ready to go?" He asked he watched you and looked at the blue cloth by your chain. He seemed to zone out for a while. You raised a brow and shrugged it off, you made your way to Epona.

Soon after Link joins you, "Hey, if you're done staring maybe we can get going." You chuckled at Link's slightly flushed face. He scoffs and grabs the reins to the mare. "You know you could ride with me, right?"

He paused and gave Epona a pat before hopping on in front of you. He snapped the reins as Epona started to march on the long journey to the Zora's Domain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link's memory

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sat outside in the field looking up at the stars, Zelda and (Y/N) had come back a while ago and were most likely asleep in the castle. He let the wind blow through his hair and inhaled the fresh air.

"Out here all alone, huh? "

Link swiftly stood and pulled out his blade, he saw a blurry face but he could see the (h/l) (h/c) flowing in the wind along with his.

His fierce stance didn't scare away the person as they seemed to be too excited for anything to ruin their mood. 

He didn't say anything but the person walked over and continued the conversation for him.
"You'll never guess what happened!" their voice sounded familiar but he couldn't quite place it. Link put his sword away and sat down again, motioning for the other Hylian to do the same. They simply shook their head. 

"Then you wouldn't be able to see it!" Their face started to solidify a bit more, he could see their bright smile. He looked over the other to see an odd golden chain with a light royal blue cloth under it. 
His past self must have known what this meant but he was confused as to why it was a big deal.

"Zelda gave it to me! She said I was the piece we were missing! Link, I'm a champion like you!" They sounded so happy about this an accomplishment, yet memory him wasn't as thrilled. He gave them a smile and hugged them but he was worried. His grip tightened as he held them, he was worried he'd lose her in the upcoming battle. 

Not after everything they had done for them thus far or how much work they had done to get to this point.

Not after he started to trust them...

A/N

Man, idk if I'm doing this right but like here this is.

I'm trying to post at least every day just to have something so people can read it. Yet idk how long I can keep that up sorry.

If you like the book please let me know! And if you have an suggestions, silly or not feel free to share them, I might use them ngl!