two - cordelia smith.

delia's room was cosy.

well , that was an understatement.

her bed was covered in lemon yellow pillows , accompanied by sky blue bedsheets. her walls were a soft purple , and she had musical posters and playbills hanging from her walls.

a picture sat on her desk , along with empty café latte bottles and mint imperial wrappers.

it was a picture of her and her girlfriend , charlotte. they were standing under a huge pride flag , with the lesbian flag painted under their eyes and they wore shirts saying " love wins "

whizzer was perched on her bed , sipping hot chocolate from a mint green mug with white dots along the rim in a perpendicular line.

delia sat across from him , her mug was purple with pink and blue lines skimming the handle. except her mug was filled with peppermint and ginger tea.

"so , i need to tell you something. "

whizzer sent her a questioning glance , raising his eyes from the beverage steaming into his face.

"and you might hate me. "

"delia , i could never -- "

"i gave marvin your phone number on the napkin ! "

whizzer shot his head up.

"what ? "

just then a message popped up on whizzers phone , making the two jump. whizzer leaped over to grasp it.

0745 6709 248 - Hello ! It's Marvin !

he groaned , and his cheeks were stinging with blush. he looked back at the text , and whispered ,

"what do i say ?"

after those words escaped his mouth , delia squealed and rushed over to help him.

"okay , so you gotta put down something smooth. snazzy. but not too snazzy ? like , make sure you sound confident , but not cocky -" as she rambled on , whizzed couldn't help but notice how much she used her hands. she was moving them a lot either in his direction , or just waving them about like a seal calling for help.

"hey ! whizzer , are you listening or what ?"

she snapped her fingers in front of his eyes , and he shook his head violently. she held the phone in front of his eyes , and a message was waiting to be sent.

07502260229 - Hey Marvin ! I was wondering if you wanted to meet up tomorrow at Roosters Café at 10am? Just to get to know each other more!

"huh. that's not half bad." whizzer said , scratching the back of his neck as he hit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from smiling.

"great ! boom , you have a date !"

and with that , delia hit send.