The Wonderful Life of 'Normality'

" So you were in the FBI huh? You were on the news quite a bit." Mason says, which made Owen nod. "Yeah, I loved the job. Protecting people and helping everyone out." He says with a small smile. "What exactly happened?" Owen froze, reflecting over what had happened a few years ago whilst he was on duty.

It was July, it had been sunny all day and everything was perfect. Quiet for the most part. But, being a police officer you couldn't quite always relax from things happening all the sudden.

"Mass shooter on South Avenue. Star Born Casino, with hostages. Male, 6'5 wearing all black, light-skinned. Vampire species and very hostile." He remembered on the intercom in the car. An urgent female voice. His commanding officer. He and his partner, a younger cop who had just joined their police unit, drove to the scene.

Sirens blared as he drove quickly through the streets. At the casino, the place was swarming with cops, FBI, and SWAT. Of course, and as usual, Owen was running late because some people were assholes and didn't move out of the way. He wasn't trying to kill anybody from speeding he was just trying to get to the scene. Probably the most intense scene he's been in a while. Owen quickly undid his seatbelt. "Where is he?" Owen asked a fellow FBI agent. His partner standing close to him from being frightened. He was a coward, he had no idea how he even managed to get into the program. He didn't know what they saw in him.