Sapiosexual

I opened the car door, shivering from the cold. The car smelled like his perfume, so I knew he was inside.

 He was sitting a few inches away from me in his full suit, with a black coat and black leather gloves. His eyes were glued to his phone.

I felt alive - the scent of his perfume, the speed of the car, the different colored lights from the city. I could hear Ellie Goulding on the radio, 'Hanging On' playing. The feeling was beautiful - a rare feeling of contentment.

I directed Maxwell to go straight ahead. Eventually, the moment came to an end. I wished Maxwell a goodnight, and as I was about to open the door, Dimitri uttered, "Have a goodnight, Miss Ross." He was looking at me.

"Um...you too, sir," I responded with a smile, tucking my hair behind my ear like a shy 13-year-old.

I couldn't wait to tell Felix about my day. I rushed into the apartment.
"Felix! Felix! Felix!" I yelled, closing the door to the apartment. I dropped everything on the ground.

"Who died?" he asked with a frown.

"Why do you think someone died?" I asked.

"You're happy," he responded, smiling at me devilishly.

"You evil prick," I said, hitting him continuously.

"Stop!" he yelled, falling onto the couch. I sat down beside him.

"Guess who spoke to me today!" I yelled with a huge grin on my face.

"Oprah Winfrey?" he yelled back, facing me with his teeth clenched.

"You idiot!" I said with a frown, getting up from the couch.

"I met him," I drew out the "M" in "him."

"Met who" he questioned with his brows furrowed he's so slow oh my god

"Him!" I yell 

" you met Dimitri Penrose" he replied getting up from the couch with a huge smile, I nod continuously like a dummy

" well....what was he like?"

"Smart, nonchalant, he has this 'I don't care' bad boy thing about him. He's sort of respectful, calculated, and very, I mean very, intimidating," I said, nodding at the end.

"How so?" Felix responded, now sitting on the edge of the couch.

"You know I'm a sapiosexual. I love smart men. He seemed so intellectual..."

"What did you expect? The dude is a lawyer...not to mention he runs an entire law firm," Felix added with a duh, rolling his eyes.

"I know," I pouted. "I guess I thought he would be arrogant," I responded.

“That's your verdict? You literally met him for five seconds”.

After an hour of telling Felix all about today, I took a shower and headed straight to bed. Staring at the ceiling, overthinking and replaying every moment that happened today with Dimitri, after an hour of overthinking, I finally fell asleep.

"Yayyyeh, I'm walking on sunshine woah oh oh!" Felix sang from downstairs, waking me up out of a meaningless dream. I got up, showered, got dressed into a grey pencil skirt and a nude blouse tucked in. I headed downstairs, putting on my accessories.

"Fuc--" Felix yelled.

"Hey, no swearing!" I tapped him on the shoulder, taking a toast from his plate.

"You're all boo'd up and happy. If him just talking to you makes you this happy, imagine when he---"

"Hey!" I yelled. "Don't jinx it," I said with a dirty smile, taking multiple bites from my toast.
"You're dirty, you're just as dirty as Freaky Paul."