Chapter 3

Chaeyoung's P. O. V

"So we are here?" I asked as we step out of the car, I'm with Police officer Kim to investigate the crime scene.

"Yes Detective Park, this was the main spot where the murder happened" He said.

I looked around and saw a town house apartment nearby. I fixed myself first and went towards where the barricade tape placed. There's already a chalk outline on the ground and a lot of blood stain.

"Have you interviewed the neighborhood?" I asked the other Police officers who're in charge.

They checked their record book and nodded their heads "Yes Detective Park, we also checked his house" The other one answered.

I offered my hand to take the record book and see what they recorded. Honestly, I don't have trust with other Police officers about their reports because I have this guts that they mistakenly ask some witness.

11:26 PM
4 Gunshots had been heard in the area.
5 persons had been seen in the crime
A case was being carried by the one person.

I furrowed my eyebrows and pat the tip of the pen on the book. If this is the only thing that I will earn today, this case will be hang and set aside. I closed the record book and made my way towards the town house, the last house is the victim's home and they're searching some evidence inside.

I steal a glance at my back and saw two Police officers assisting me. I didn't mind them and focus on walking towards the first door. Since there's no door bell, I have to knock too loud for them to hear it.

"Our team already-"

I didn't finish his words when I lifted up my hand to tell him to shut up. I knocked on the door again and it took minutes before they open it. Looks like they didn't want to get interview. There's a lock chain hanging on the door while this late 40's Lady was peeking outside.

I took out my wallet and showed her my ID "Good morning Ma'am. I'm Detective Park and I'm here to ask few questions on you. It wouldn't be that long, we just wanted to know some clearer explanation about the crime" I said and open the record book.

"Don't ask me. I never been into interviews" She said and slam the door.

I rolled my eyes and lick my lips, I feel frustrated already. How could we come up with good outcome if she won't let us ask few questions.

"What should we do now?" Mr. Kim asked.

I turned around and started to walk "Ask the neighbor" I said as I passed by her.

I open the wooden gate and made my way in front of the door. I knocked several times and heard someone running downstairs. Hoping that this person won't let us down.

The door opened and a man showed up, he's wearing pajamas and looks like he came back from sleep.

"Good Morning Ma'am and Sir" He bowed his head as he open the door really wide.

"Good Morning, I'm Detective Park. I'm here to ask some questions regarding the crime. Is it okay, Mister?" I asked as I showed my ID. When he nodded his head, I put my wallet inside my pocket again and open the record book "So were you here when the incident happened?"

"They already asked me about it" He scratch his head.

"I know. I'm just clarifying everything, this is not a simple issue so we have to be sure about the information" I firmly said and looked back at the book "So.. Were you here?"

"Yes. I was busy watching television when I heard gunshots" He stated.

I wrote down the information "How many gunshots did you hear?" I question.