Kiss Away the Pain || Shiratorizawa

Entering the volleyball gymnasium at Shiratorizawa Academy was like stepping into a vacuum. Beyond those solid metal doors lay a world of its own, entrenched in a rhythmic atmosphere of focus and calm. Those monsters were trapped in their own heads, their minds on one thing and one alone.

As Hase Derira pushed her way through the door, not a single eye turned toward her. If they had, they would have seen her at her absolute worst. They would have noticed her chocolate hair loose from it's usual braid, her dark eyes clouded and bloodshot, surrounded by evidence of ceaseless crying. If they had looked away from their practice for even one moment, they would have seen the storm coming.

Her mind wasn't on her appearance though. She couldn't have cared less about the fact that her stocking socks didn't match, that her un-ironed shirt was sticking loose from her skirt or that her shoes were unbuckled and flailing as she walked. No, her mind was on one single mission: break him like he broke her.

There were members of the team on the edge of the court, resting while their teammates faced off in a practice drill. As Derira paced toward them, her mind clouded with the images that kept haunting her: her boyfriend (ex boyfriend? Were they exes? Had they even broken up? Did it matter?) in the hallway, body pressed up against a blonde he probably didn't know the name of, hands tangled in her sun-kissed hair as he did things to her he said he was too shy to initiate with his girlfriend. She was a different one from yesterday, when she'd caught him outside the school gates nibbling on the ear of a redhead. Different even than the one she'd caught him with just that morning - the one with short black hair and polka dotted panties. (She only knew cause his hand was holding up her skirt slightly, caressing her ass.)

Had he been trying to rub something in her face? Show her all the ways she didn't match up to other women? Demonstrate all the actions he had planned with her, if only she had been worthy? Did it even matter?

Derira cleared the fogged thoughts from her head as she refocused on her goal and walked straight up to the only first year on the starting line up. He was standing next to the bench, water bottle pushed to his mouth and his attention fully on the ace making a serve. She walked to him, unblinking, and pulled the bottle away from his mouth, uttered a lowly "swallow" and threw the bottle to the side.

When she was sure he had gulped down his water, she grabbed him by the shirt - ignoring his squealing "Hase-senpai what are y--" - and forcefully placed her lips on his. Goshiki's arms flailed next to him as he struggled in her grasp, eyes wide and shooting toward the copper-topped setter on the court. They were already on bad terms and now the setter's girlfriend was kissing him.

Goshiki tried desperately to push her away, making awkward, muffled shrieks as she continued to press her lips to his, but only those nearby noticed - the true athletes staying true their passion and not taking their eyes off the ball.

She finally released him, almost dropping him when she unclutched his shirt and his knees buckled, and turned her eyes eagerly toward the man who shattered her heart. He had to have seen. Do you see that Kenji? Two can play that messed up mind games of yours.

But his eyes were still on the court. He refused to look in her direction. Derira huffed, wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her blazer and turned to the court.

"Feel something, you monster" she screamed at him and walked up another teammate seated on the bench beside the net.

"Excuse me a second, Tendou," she practically whispered before sitting herself on his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck. She leaned down and placed a small kiss behind his ear before whispering, "I need you for a moment."

She looked into his shocked eyes, her own broken and pleading, and swiftly placed her lips softly on his. His surprise was muffled by her quick movements and she shifted herself closer to him, moving her hands through his red hair.