What You're Doing to Me || Futakuchi Kenji

"I swear to God, Kenji, I did not shave my legs just to be fucked around by you tonight," Ohara Hayami shouted as she pushed her through the lopsided front door of the house that had most recently fallen victim to the local electric company's monthly party.

The air outside the overly-filled house was biting but Hayami was already numb to anything other than the fury taking hold of any sensibility she had. She was rough as she shoved her arms into her grey pea coat while practically stomping down the pathway leading away from the porch.

"I told you," Futakuchi whined as he ran after his girlfriend. "She's just the company secretary. I didn't even touch her."

Hayami stopped suddenly, surprising him and forcing him to a sudden stop, and turned toward her boyfriend with an incredulous look on her face. Despite her anger, a gruff laugh rolled up from her lungs and forced a strained smile on her face.

"Oh my Gooooood," she screamed at him. "How fucking cliche can you get? She's the secretary? Are you serious?"

Pushing her right hand through her hair, Hayami stood and gave the brunette man in front of her a hard glare, as if searching for even just an ounce of truth in his face, and let out an irate sigh.

"It's one thing to cheat on me Kenji," she said, her hands moving to ball themselves into fists. "But it's a whole other level of fucked up to bring me to a party, leave me alone with your colossal coworkers and run off with your fucking secretary to talk sweet nothings in the corner right in front of my eyes."

"That's not wh-," he sputtered, moving forward hastily to grab at his girlfriend's hands. "She said she needed to talk to me about my payroll. That was all it was, I swear."

"Your payroll? Are you fucking stupid? She needed to talk to you about your paycheck at a booze party?" Hayami was fuming as she pulled her hands out of his grasp.

"Yes," he shot back quickly.

"And I suppose part of your payment was her tongue down your throat?"

Her stare on him could practically burn his skin as she raised her eyebrow in mocking disbelief and waited for him to make some kind of excuse, but he stood there with his brown eyes glued to the cracking sidewalk. So, instead of waiting for him to think of anything to say, she turned on her heel and started the short walk to the bus station down the street.

Futakuchi didn't follow her at first, lost in his head as he replayed the night on the back of his eyelids searching for the exact moment that everything fell to absolute shit. They hadn't gone out together in months through no fault of their own. He'd gotten held back at work more than he cared to admit and he knew it was straining their relationship, but there was hardly anything he could do about it. And the nights that he, by some miracle, had arrived home on time Hayami would either be called off to some emergency or already passed out on their shared bed, still in her scrubs, completely exhausted from working too many hours at the hospital.

He'd known all along that his girlfriend was a passionate woman who always drove herself to her limits. It was hardly a surprise that she was overworked but it was his fault that she was also underappreciated.

But the late nights weren't entirely without reason. He would be the first to admit that the redheaded secretary at the electric company he worked at had been making eyes at him since his first day two years ago, but he'd never been tempted.

Sure, that woman had pouty lips and huge -well, you know- but he had a beautiful, smart woman at home who would let him do anything with - and to - her and the two of them shared way more than just a surface sexual attraction.