Chapter 18: The Uprising

The shrill screams and cries of the subjects filled the room, deafening the rapid footsteps of the soldiers as they raged against. Raio stood, lost in the crowd as he pushed towards a corner. More and more of the subjects dropped dead either to the floor or on the table, toppling whatever their lifeless body fell upon.

"What such dishonour is this?" Sir Jon, Duke of Norland said with his hands slammed on the table as he bolted up his seat.

No sooner had he questioned did one of them drop dead, face down the table.

Sir Albert felt a slow trickle down out his nostril as he hesitantly brushed it off with his hand. To his greatest demise, he found his hand stained with blood. "H-Hiris?" He stammered frightfully.

Hiris turned his gaze from the left where Sir Jon and one of his dead nobles stayed and to the right where Sir Albert gazed up at him with dread.

"Sir A-Albert?"

"You skimming serpent. What have you done?" He said as he secretly uncovered a dagger hidden beneath his costume but as he pushed to thrust it at Hiris, Desnix intercepted with a quick swing of his blade.

Sir Albert burst into loud cries of pain as he had his hand mutilated, blood spewed out his wounded wrist and splattered carelessly. Out of the four nobles on the podium excluding Hiris, only Sir Albert still lived as all had fallen to the hands of death.

"You are no king of mine!!" Sir Albert said in pain, a vein stood cross his temple as he stared Hiris straight in the face with a scowl. "You are a monster, an abomination in the shape of a man-"

Before he could complete his words, an arrow had appeared out of thin air and had him spiked in the skull with it, stapling him to the chair he sat in. Quickly, Desnix traced the trajectory across the room and to the exit as his eyes gazed upon a female archer having another arrow on the stressed string aimed straight at them. And for a split second, as the wind blew against her face removing the veil that hid part of her face from the nose down, his eyes were filled with surprise as the woman behind the bow was none other than Lindtia.

Finally, she let go her grip rocketing the arrow forward and as it scored through the air, underneath it, men, women and children fell either to the end of a blade or to the poisoned banquet.

"Lock the gates! Lock the-"

Quickly, Desnix pushed at King Hiris with all his might, interrupting his speech as he fell to the floor in the nick of time before the arrow struck the chair.

Hiris moaned as he helped himself off the floor, he'd bruised the side of his head on the way down and had blood clog to it. "How dare you?!" He fumed as he rolled his eyes at Desnix but as soon as he did, he got his answer as he gazed with wide eyes upon his severed chair. "G-get me out this instant!!"

As soon as Desnix took a step forward towards Hiris, another arrow charged towards them. But before it could make contact, he successfully had his sword up as a shield as it bounced off to the left and shot at a subject that charged up the podium with a dagger in hand dropping him dead in his tracks.

Quickly, Desnix guarded Hiris out the room, through the backdoor he'd come from earlier and before he disappeared through, he turned his gaze back at the exit where Lindtia stayed but she was no more in sight.