chapter seven

tw: underaged drinking

cooper

on friday night before the party, cooper called travis, telling him to meet at cooper's place so they could go together. he told travis that cam and eric bought a house together not too far from cooper, so the two decided it would be okay to walk, and call an uber if needed to get home.

travis got to his house at around 7:30, only a half hour before the party started, but they were only a 5 minute walk so it was fine.

cooper's voice dropped to almost a whisper, "are you gonna drink anything? or are you gonna smoke a joint?"

travis laid back on cooper's comfortable bed, "I don't know yet, coop, we'll see when we get there. remember what you said though."

cooper nodded, "don't leave you by yourself," cooper checked his phone, realizing it was already 7:58. he grabbed his shoes and a sweatshirt out of his closet, "cmon trav, we gotta go."

trav got up and collected his few things that he brought: shoes? check. sweatshirt? got it. keys? yup. he nodded at cooper and cooper opened the door, allowing travis to leave the room first. the curly-haired boy thanked the taller boy and made his way down the stairs, cooper right behind him. he opened the front door, and let cooper exit first, pulling the door shut behind him.

when the boys reached cam and eric's house, they could already hear the music blasting inside. they walked up to the door and travis let out a shaky breath.

"it'll be okay, dude," cooper squeezed travis' hand reassuringly- and in a "friendly" way.

travis nodded and cooper proceeded to ring the doorbell. it was answered within a second and they were invited in by craig. cooper fist bumped him and travis waved, and the boys walked in.

it's time to get fucked up.

travis

travis walked into the party and immediately he was greeted by like 7 people he knew. he grabbed cooper's hand so he couldn't walk off, and cooper lead him to the kitchen, where bottles and cans of cheap alcohol were set out and stacked neatly. cooper grabbed two cans of beer and handed one to travis, who took it reluctantly.

"have you ever drank before?" shouted cooper although travis could still barely hear him over the people and music. travis shook his head and cooper opened his can, taking a large sip. "it's okay, trav, it's good."

travis opened his can and held his lips up to the opening. the earthy liquid flowed into his mouth and he recoiled at the taste. "how can anyone like this stuff?"

cooper just laughed and led travis out into the living room, where the two sat on the couch next to noah who was hitting his juul. travis took another sip of his disgusting beverage as cameron and eric walked over to him and cooper, fist bumping them both.

"thanks for inviting us," cooper took a gulp of his beer.

"no problem," cam replied with a wink at travis. cooper didn't seem to notice.

what the hell is that supposed to mean? is he flirting? is he gay or something? does he know im gay?

"ayo cooper, wanna do some shots with me?" eric walked over, standing over the two boys sitting down even though he was only 5'8" (almost 173 cm).

"hell yeah i do," cooper stood up, not remembering what he said to travis. he walked off and cam sat next to travis, placing his hand on travis' knee.

"sorry dude," he got up and walked off. a few minutes later travis began to get really claustrophobic. he walked into the kitchen, with no sign of cooper anywhere. he grabbed a bottle of vodka and wandered around looking for a bathroom. once he found it, he stumbled in and locked the door, discontent with both himself and cooper.

the curly-haired boy looked at his tipsy reflection in the mirror, "coopie you said you wouldn't leave me," he began to cry, not realizing until the tears hit the hand he was holding his bottle with. he unscrewed the lid and took a sip, learning how addictive the burn in his throat was. he drank more, sinking down the wall, trying to drown out all the noise that was slowly killing him without him even realizing it.

soon the boy had finished the half bottle of vodka, and he hid it in the cabinet under the sink, hoping no one found it for a while. he kneeled over the toilet, feeling the need to vomit, but pushing that feeling down as he wanted "to not waste" the liquid. he pulled himself up, getting dizzier the more he stood straight. he looked at himself once more in the mirror, not processing how he looked.

he didn't know what he was doing, why he was here, and he also questioned why cam was acting like that. he finally realized how puffy his eyes were from crying, but looking in the mirror made him dizzy, so he stumbled over to the door, unlocking it and letting himself out. if he didn't know where cooper was, at least he knew one thing: he was as good as fucked right now.

he stumbled downstairs with his world spinning, and sat on the couch. his vision was blurring and he could barely tell what was happening. he could tell there was dancing and flirting, and even grinding, and it made him feel awkward. he was starting to get a headache, and he still had no idea where cooper had gone.

"hey, travis?" cam towered over the boy sitting down.

"hmm," he hummed, barely able to hear the other boy.

"come with me, we gotta...," he took a second to think about what he was gonna say, "talk."

maybe it's about cooper. what if it is? what if it isn't.

cooper

cooper didn't remember that travis asked him to stay by travis' side at the party. he may have forgotten that, but he couldn't get the boy himself out of his head. his cute little smile, the way his hair peaked out from underneath his hood. the way he held cooper's hand when he skated to keep himself from falling. he was currently making out with some random girl, hoping she was able to help him with his internal problem.

the door creaked loudly, signaling it was being pushed open. the two on the bed hadn't closed the door, so cooper guessed it was his fault. he looked up to see who it was.

oh god.

oh my fucking god.

no, this can't be happening.

there stood cam and travis. the taller boy was mumbling something to travis, but travis was staring at cooper with wide eyes and a look that said "i'm gonna throw up."

as cam pulled the frozen boy away from the door, he shut it gently, mouthing sorry to cooper.

what the fuck have i done?

hey y'all! i wanna thank everyone for all the support on this book, it means a lot to me:) leave a comment if you'd like and remember to vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it! mwah, remember to say good morning to sam!
1200+ words