chapter eleven

trigger warning- homophobic slurs (yes i can say them i am gay), violence, tiny bit of blood

cooper

cooper walker into the lunch room to find cameron coming in from another door. he looked towards the table where travis and the rest of his friends sat and let out a breath.

it's now or fucking never.

cooper walked over to cam and said his "hi" to which cam replied "what's up?" to. they made a little bit of small talk and walked towards where they get their lunch before cam said the thing that made cooper snap.

"you been talking to travis?" he smirked at cooper.

that's it, now's the time.

cooper punched cameron straight in the nose.

cameron put a finger up to his nose and observed the blood trickling from it before pushing cooper against a wall and punching him right back.

cameron might've been taller but it didn't mean he was stronger. cooper in turn slammed the taller boy against the wall, holding a hand to his throat as he punched cam repeatedly in the gut.

"YOU THINK TRAVIS IS THE FAGGOT?"

cooper kneed cameron straight in the dick.

"WELL I THINK IT'S YOU," cooper screamed as people gathered around. teachers were trying to get through the swarm of kids with no luck. no kid was willing to try to break up the fight, out of both fear and sheer excitement.

"SINCE YOU'RE THE ONE PROTECTING HIM, IT MIGHT AS WELL BE YOU COOPER. THIS IS WHY I DIDNT WANT YOU AROUND HIM."

"WELL MAYBE I AM ONE."

everyone's eyes went wide, including travis'.

cameron threw cooper on the ground and sat on top of him, punching him repeatedly. cooper tried to knee him in the back, but it didn't do much due to the position he was currently in.

he got a fist unstuck and shoved it into cameron's stomach. while the new zealander was weaker, cooper managed to throw him off and get on top of him instead.

his adrenaline was pumping and he was so beyond pissed off at this kid. he looked straight ahead only to see eric staring at the two in fear. to cooper's left, travis.

he looked terrified.

even more terrified than when he walked in on cooper and that whore.

before cameron fucked him over.

the teachers were screaming at him to stop, kids were cheering for him, including all his friends.

except travis.

he was screaming for cooper to stop also.

there were tears welling in the smaller boy's eyes.

cooper looked back down at cameron who had a bloody nose, a black eye, and a busted lip. not to mention the bruises on his ribs that you couldn't see.

"if anyone's the faggot, cameron, it's you," he spat, disgusted in this boy who he thought was his friend.

cooper stood up and pushed through the crowd of kids, running towards the bathroom, ignoring teachers yelling at him and even the principal, with two security guards by his side.

he looked behind him to see travis, the principal, and the security guards were the only ones following him. the rest of the people were back looking and talking to cameron as he stood up, or sitting back down in their seats.

cooper rushed into the bathroom and locked the door, rushing over to the mirror to examine himself.

bloody nose, black eye, bruised cheekbone.

luckily i don't have a busted lip, that shit hurts like hell.

he lifted up his shirt to reveal more bruises on his stomach and ribs.

he snapped his head towards the door frame when he heard a loud knocking.

"WHO IS IT?" he screamed, only wanting to let them in if it was the small, curly-haired boy he had a crush on.

"it's me coopie," he recognized the voice immediately and quickly unlocked it, letting travis in. travis rushed in and cooper shut and locked the door again.

he turned to look at travis who was now crying, letting out shaky sobs and leaning against the closest wall.

"coopie what did you do that for?" travis sniffled.

the blonde boy walked over to the brunette and put one hand on the wall beside travis' head, the other wiping away the smaller boy's tears. "i'm sorry trav, i- i don't know what came over me."

travis put his smaller hand over cooper's bigger one that was on his cheek.

"i'm sorry travis, i couldn't stand him doing that to you," he rubbed his thumb across travis' cheek.

"it's okay cooper, i know you were doing it to protect me."

"it's just..." he paused for a second, "i promised myself on your first day that i'd try to protect you as well as i could, but-"

travis cut him off, "cooper, i said it's okay."

the wavy-haired boy nodded.

"you know you're going to be suspended once that door's opened, right?"

again, cooper nodded.

the two jumped as a bang on the door happened.

"COOPER WHAT THE FUCK?" eric screamed outside the door.

of course it was eric, his other friends knew he should be left alone for a little bit after he was hyped up like this.

"FUCK OFF ERIC," cooper yelled back, hoping he didn't hurt travis' ears. cooper didn't have time to talk to him. he was in the room and he didn't stop it.

"TALK TO ME YOU PRICK," he loudly slammed his fist on the door again.

"ERIC DON'T THINK I DON'T KNOW YOU WERE IN THAT ROOM TOO."

the banging stopped.

"it's okay cooper, just ignore him," travis whispered to cooper, his back still against the wall. salty tears stained the boy's cheeks, and cooper desperately wanted to see them gone.

cooper grabbed a paper towel and wet it in the sink. he brought it back to travis and began to wipe the boy's cheeks off, removing any dried tears that remained. he then threw that paper towel away and got a dry one, dabbing it on the boy's face to dry the water from the wet towel.

cooper then walked back over to travis and cupped his cheek with his hand.

"cooper is what you said about being ga-"

cooper pressed his lips to the smaller boy's.

he stepped back and looked at travis who was staring at cooper with wide eyes and the biggest smile anyone's ever seen.

"that answered my question," the brunette breathed. "cooper?"

"hmm?"

"you were my first kiss."

cooper was in love.

holy shit i wanna cry writing this chapter! so much happened! make sure you vote if you liked the chapter and leave a comment if you'd like. thank you all for reading and i love you all. don't forget to say good morning to sam. mwah<3
1100+ words