Epilogue

Epilogue

Two Weeks Later…

            Healing after the war proved to be difficult, but of course, inevitable – both in the physical wound sense, and in healing the relationships I’d abandoned in my haste departure.

            During my stay in the hospital, I reconnected with Luce, the twins, and my closest companions and apologized for all that I had done. After my apology, I spent a good while telling the complete and absolute truth about my life prior to coming to the Eastern pack. I couldn’t have imagined them being more supportive as they assured me all was well with our friendship. The only person resentful was Gem, simply because he’d felt responsible for not figuring it out sooner and preventing me from being harmed. I realized afterwards that I had grown to love them as well; I loved the members of Everett’s pack and knew, from that moment on, that I’d commit to becoming a part of their family. 

            In Aribella’s visit, I found myself feeling guilty and nervous. I had thought of the young girl as a sister and the last thing I had ever wanted to do was destroy our fragile bond. Though, Ari proved to be as innocent and forgiving as any young child. I had almost cried with relief when she climbed onto my bed and wrapped her small arms around my shoulders. More than anything else, she had felt worried for her brother and frightened that I’d been harmed. Once the dust had settled, and her worry evaporated, there was not a trace of resentment in her adoring blue eyes.

            Above all, seeing Silva again, hit me the hardest. Everett had thankfully spared me the grueling task of revealing my truths to her, so she did not press me for answers other than ensuring I was resting and healing comfortably. I flushed throughout our entire exchange as she busied around me as if I were her own child. Once Silvia learned of the formalities and my true motives, she grew more protective and caring than I could’ve ever imagined. Her loving actions proved to re-affirm my earlier adoration for her.

            After all that was said and done, I was finally released from the intensive hospital care.

            The day I was released, Everett had unexpectedly surprised me with a secret plan for the afternoon.

        I gripped Everett’s shirt and sighed dramatically.

        “Everett, I don’t like this…” I exclaimed nervously. Everett only chuckled as he placed one hand on my waist and the other across my eyes, leading me through the dark foyer of the mansion.

        “Seriously, I do not do well with being vulnerable – it makes me annoyingly anxious…” I wined playfully, as stepped forward warily. He’d told me he needed to show me something and since I’d just gotten out of the infirmary this morning, I was still feeling pretty sluggish from being bedridden for weeks.

        “Juliet, trust me, okay? You think I’d let anything happen to you?” Everett whispered softly in my ear. I sighed; I knew he wouldn’t.

        “No…” I muttered softly, beginning to relax in his hold. Everett stopped then and released his hand from covering my eyes. Together he and I stood before the doors leading out to the garden; however, the glass doors were oddly covered with curtains today. Was he taking me for a walk in the gardens? I stared up at my mate quizzically as he smiled and stepped in front of me to swing open the French doors.

        “I love you, Juliet, surprise!” Everett swiftly pulled me onto the patio and kissed the top of my head. I instantly flashed my eyes wide open and stepped back, utterly baffled as the Eastern pack stood in front of me, cheering and grinning excitedly.

        “Oh…my god.” I covered my mouth in shock and felt my eyes water slightly as I gazed at the sight before me. Every single one of my new friends and family members stood on the patio, beaming in corny party hats and blowing on paper horns.

        Luce, the wonderful firecracker I could now call a friend, jumped up excitedly and screamed.

        “HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY JULIET!

        After her, everyone else cheered and congratulated me as well in a chorus of joyful noise. Everett wrapped his arms around my waist and rocked my happily, as I stared in awe at the beautiful party scene in front of us. Just like at the Eastern formal, the garden was transformed into a dreamy wonderland of festivities and decorations.

        “I love you so…much.” I spoke, nodding my head and locking eyes with everyone in the crowd and lastly, Everett.

        “I told you I’d keep you captive here.” Everett chuckled and kissed my cheek softly. I smiled and giggled, relishing in the pure rush of happiness soaring through me.  

        “I love you, Everett Tucker,” I whispered, turning my head to meet his oceanic gaze.

        “And I love you, Juliet Rose,” he replied softly, before pressing his lips gently to mine and wrapping me in a loving embrace.

        So here we were, Everett and I, finally and eternally, entwined.

* * *

Thank you so much for reading Entwined, my very first werewolf novel! I wrote this novel on a whim of inspiration after reading all of the incredible stories on Wattpad. I really hope you enjoyed the read and I'd love to hear your opinions! If you like my work, please feel free to check out my other works. Once again, thank you; you have no idea how much it means to me that you've taken time out of your day to stop and read this novel.

If you'd like to know why I chose the name Juliet, check out this bonus Soundtrack Song: 

Juliet's Name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3stFKfqaeI

Much Love, 

Sabrina Juliet