04 • the rogue alpha

Dedicated to yass023

" Real Love doesn't meet you at your best,
It meets you at your mess."

* 3 years ago *

* 3 years ago *

It is safe to say that I am miles away from my pack grounds. I had crossed the border about two hours ago.

Our pack is the strongest pack in America, yet it does not surprise me that no one noticed when one of the pack members was leaving through the border. They must have been so indulged with the announcement Damien made.

I have been running for two hours in my human form. It is tiring me out.

Growing up I did not indulge myself in any sports or pack training, so I am a bit out of shape. I decided to stop and rest for an hour or so before shifting into my brown colored wolf and continuing with my journey.

I noticed a stream a little farther from where I stopped and I could literally see it from where I stood. It is beautiful to say the least, and the way the water glistens in the sunlight makes it appear like it is made of diamonds.

I moved towards the edge of the stream and bent my head down so that I could quench my thirst. I continue lapping at the water with my tongue and continue drinking the water.

From my crouched position, I was so pre-occupied with quenching my thirst that I failed to hear a twig snapping not too far away. A Rogue!

It was too late to react. The Rogue leaped and clamped its jaw onto my hind leg. I started trashing around in its hold and I grab the opportunity and I head-butt the rogue and eventually escape from its hold before the Rogue has time to recover from my head-butt.

I claw at its back with my claws and there are three claw marks visible on its back that I know would leave a scar as the cuts were deep into the rogue's flesh.

The rogue howls in pain but recovers quickly and its red empty and dead eyes are set on me, his prey.

It jumps and tackles me down on to the ground with so much force that my wolf whimpers with pain and the rogue takes this opportunity to clamp its jaws on my neck in order to finish me.

One moment I saw its sharp yellow teeth almost about to bite into my neck and the next thing I know, the weight of the rogue is gone from above me.

A big black wolf had tackled the rogue down from above me and had clamped its jaws on to the rogue's neck and is flinging the rogue from side to side. The rogue lets out a huge whimper, but the wolf effortlessly separates its head from rest of its body.

I turn my head from the gruesome scene before me and I try to escape discretely from the scene fearing that even though the black wolf had saved me from the rogue, there is no guarantee that I am not going to be its next target.