The Deal

Y/N POV

I was falling in a black void that didn't even seem to be changing now as for how I seemed to be in this endless limbo well it all started with when I ran into the rest of the team just a few hours ago.

Flashback

I had some how escaped that crazy goddess and made it to Uruk now the question was where to start looking for an entry to the underworld. It took me an hour or two bit I had explored all of Uruk to no avail then I heard someone talking to me

Kaldur: Y/N let us return to the cave Batman is working on a way to stabilize your dna but doing this is not helping.

Y/N: I refuse to return Kaldur'ahm the only way to get me back is through force and we both know how that will end in a desert for you.

Kaldur: You assume I am alone how foolish of you.

I heard KF running up quickly behind me only to be stopped by a chain around his ankle pulling him back.

I closed my eyes and shook my head.

Y/N: Is that the best you have?

Kaldur: Not at all!

I heard him charging at me, I opened my eyes to watch as he got closer only for hundreds of golden portals appear between us.

Kaldur: Superboy now!

I felt a shockwave next to me before turning and seeing Superboy delivering a punch to my chest sending me flying backwards towards a well where I crashed through blacking out for a moment as I fell.

POV CHANGE ???

The clones team members tried to stop him from falling into the pit but a wall of souls stopped them from catching him, I approached the group stopping in front of them, the speedster turning attention to me.

KF: What did you do to our friend?

???: Nothing that is not my work, his soul has been claimed and he has died there is nothing you or I could do to reverse this as only the dead can go to the underworld.

The air grew heavy around the group the one who punched his friend seemed to take this the hardest likely blaming himself for the clones death.

???: You blame yourself but in reality he died just a moment before you punched him and I would not worry I believe it was his goal to get to the underworld anyway.

Robin: Why would he want to go there in the first place?

???:To make a deal with the Goddess Ereshkigal most likely. Now I must be off you can choose to either wait here in vain for your friend or return to your normal lives.

With that I left.

POV CHANGE Y/N

I could see the ground approaching quickly but was stopped before being pulled towards someone it was a girl with blonde hair and red eyes much like my own she look about my age and was sitting there look at me with a smile.

???: Oh what an interesting person you could have been I am sure you want to make a deal?

Y/N: How did you know what I came here for?

???: Well I am a goddess after all I am being cursed at by those who usually lose one they love to ease there pain when it couldn't be explained so I find it odd someone like you who is dying or was dying would come to me for help so let's get to the deal. You want to be able to be a hero helping your friends without the fear of your body failing you correct.

Y/N: That is correct.

Ereshkigal: Now for my half I wish to see the world and live a somewhat mortal existence and when you die you will return here and spend the rest of eternity with me.

Y/N: But don't you have to run the underworld?

Ereshkigal: Yes I do.

Y/N: then how can you do the first thing you want?

Ereshkigal: I will split a fraction of my power into a mortal shell like this and I shall join you and to be sure you won't go back on your half of the deal what you need to be fixed will remain with me until we make it to the cave so do we have a deal.

Y/N: Fine deal.

She seemed excited and did a little spin as she stood up.

Ereshkigal: Yes I can't wait to see the real world with you. Let us be off then Y/N.

I was blinded by a flash and the next thing I knew I was in a medical bed with the team around me bit I felt great compared to the last time I was in this bed.

Y/N: What happened?

Robin: we'll fill you in later Batman wants us to meet our new teammate think you can walk?

Y/N: Let's go meet this new teammate.

We went to the main room seeing a fixed RT and Batman standing there with Ereshkigal who seemed to be waiting for us.

Y/N: I should be surprised but at this point I should have seen this coming.