Part 22

The wind was blowing hard, and the sun was shining with his usual splendid. Haruni was constantly putting back the wisps of hair that was coming in front of her eyes. She was sitting upon the top stair of the staircase of her house, looking at the garden where Tanvi was running to catch Sunanda, who seemed highly agile for her age. The wind blew hard as she smiled and took the pen that her mother used and gazed at the diary in her other hand.

A Woman's will

Haruni thought of the book that had influenced the way of her thinking. The foreword for the book had strangely attracted her as it had stated that the book was to fund for the research purpose of the disease that had spread like a wildfire in the east. The dedication was simply.

For my dearest daughter, and an apology for not being there for you when it was needed.

Haruni had smiled back then thinking that the woman was a hard-working one but still cared for her daughter, unlike her mother. But now she smiled because her mother had written it for her sake. She remembered all the times she used to hopp and jump around in the garden when Tanvi giggled.

"Tanu... That's enough you will make aunty tired!" Haruni gave a shout when she felt that Sunanda was panting. Sunanda laughed as she said

"You could never catch me, So you don't want your daughter to do it? I am not so old that I can get tired... Come... Tanu catch me..." Sunanda was running again and Tanvi running behind her giggling. Haruni smiled and she took up the pen and opened the last used page of the diary.

And she opened the cap of the pen and started to write.

Dear daisy!

Yeah I know there's a drastic change in the way I write compared to my mother. You know, because of you I came to know that I really am a worthless daughter who only cared about herself and couldn't even be there for a striving mother in her last moments. if I gave anything to mama on her last day, it was nothing but pure agony. Good girl? I was the polar opposite of being one. All these years when I worked over in different countries, I had a strong sense of justice and a strong vision of the future, all because of a book that she had written, which guided me through my life. Now that I think about it, mama was it your plan to be with me, in your absence? I will never know because all I am is a worthless child who never acknowledged the gem of a mother she had.

When I came to know that I would become a mother, I had all the thoughts of becoming a good mother. 'it is simple' I had thought back then, not to be like my own mother was all I had to do. It's ironic how even when I want to, I can never become like her, for what she sacrificed, acting like she never loved me for not letting me get the disease she carried. Mama, I could never become a mother like you, and can confidently state no one ever could.

For all the wisdom that I got, I just hated mama, and now as my redemption... Why redemption? it's a price I have to pay for her. I will stay right here, in this house, looking after what mama had lived in and had loved with her all might. So what about the degrees that I have gotten? They are simply smaller than the things mama had here. So daisy let mama know two things.

I am going to stay here with aunty and for all the pain she took to write that book and you! And the disease now has a stable vaccine and thanks to you maa, I wouldn't be getting distant from my daughter like you had to. Varun has returned for his work and Tanu will have an education at the place where it is more suitable for her to have. Now I don't know what future looks like. But I am sure, going forword with your dreams and vision can never make me fall again!

Only if I could have understood her back then, I wouldn't have been such a lousy child and a useless mother... Thank you daisy for being with maa when no one could have, and thank you for hearing her out. There's so much more to come, and you would be my companion for all there is to happen and of course, serve as a memory of mama!

Until next time!

The giggles of Tanu was louder than Haruni could ever make in her childhood. The grasses that surrounded the house were all bending to the wind and that was one spectacular sight. The greenery of the plants and colors of the flowers intermingled. The house that Haruni's parents had built with love, was now standing tall, gaining everything it had lost.

The seasons were the same, but every year they had something new to offer. The falling seasons wouldn't die with their going, they always had the hope of coming back again, with a new form, new light, and new being!

-Ishaan