Second Thoughts

#RECAP# 

Today is Friday, the day of the Rome tip. Since Last Thursday, Thomas and I have been sneaking around trying not to get caught. It's been successful so far, minus the hickey incident but we're not going to talk about that. My dad still hasn't reached out to us. I'm a little worried because I still haven't spoken to him but my mom says he's okay, and I trust her. The Rome trip is for a couple days. Savannah, Evelyn, Megan, and I all slept over Megan's house the day before the trip. Evelyn is going to drive us to school. At school we're suppose to take the bus to the airport. Brenton is still upset at me for the hickey but he hasn't said anything else about it. He still kisses me like before, so I guess that's a good thing. I don't know, but something in the pit of my stomach says that I should end things with Thomas before things get too serious. Every time I think about it all I can do is see his face and I can't even image not being with him. I know it's wrong to say you love someone and betray them like I am. This is only temporary, Brenton and I have our one year anniversary coming up, and nothing could ruin that. On Thursday, before we left for Megan's, my mom gives me a big hug. It lasted two minutes, I thought she was never going to let go. She told me to have fun and she kissed my forehead before I left. Connor gave me a hug, which is surprising because he never shows affection. I only wish my dad was here so I could hug him, even if it was just for a moment. There are times where I close my eyes and I can picture his smile. Then I open my eyes again and the warm feeling, happiness, it vanishes. 

#RECAP OVER# 

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I wake up in the morning and roll out of bed. I crash on the floor and everyone gets up. Savannah throws a pillow at me from the bed "It's 7 am" she says sleepy. Suddenly we all jump it "What time's the flight?" Megan asks frantic. "8" Evelyn says. We all rush around trying to get ready. After we finish getting ready, we pack our bags. We set the bags down at the front door and eat breakfast. "You guys have fun okay" Gabrielle say coming over to me and giving me a side hug. I hug her back and smile at her. "Don't do anything you'll regret" she laughs "trust me Europe can get wild" she says. We all laugh, Megan gives her mom a hug. After breakfast Evelyn drives us to school. 

At school attendance is taken. There are about 57 students going on the trip. We drive to the airport and get off. We walk to the delta check-in area and the teacher hands everyone a ticket. I know what you're thinking, isn't a Rome trip really expensive? How are so many people going? Well, a lot of people have been saving up for since 8th grade for the trip. The money for the trip is due sophomore year if you want to go, it's junior year now. Trust me, my piggy bank isn't too happy with me either. 

We wait about an hour for our flight to get called

We wait about an hour for our flight to get called. When we board the plane I sit next to Brenton and Thomas. I'm in the middle, and frankly I'm mad at myself for putting me in this situation. The flight is supposed to be three hours long. After a couple minutes we take off. I cover Brenton and I in my blanket. Thomas is sleeping resting his head against the window. I lay my head on Brenton's shoulder and he rest his head on top of mine, we both fall asleep.