In Two

The next day the class goes to a roman cathedral and then boat riding. In groups of four we ride down a river and back. After the activities of the day are over we get back to the hotel. We sit down for lunch and I sit with Brenton, Megan, and Thomas. Savannah and Evelyn went for a nap. "I can't believe we only have two more days left here" Megan says chewing her food. "I know, this place is amazing" I say. "It's magical" Brenton adds with a laugh. Thomas places his hand on my knee which makes me jolt. "You okay?" Megan asks. I nod my head, "Chills" I say rubbing on my arm, "It's cold in here." I get up, "I think I'm going to go take a nice shower, maybe that'll warm me up" I say. "Caio" Brenton says as I leave. I turn to give him a smile. I walk up to my room and close the door. I let out a breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

30 minutes later I hear a knock at my door. I go over to open it and it's Thomas. I smile as I see him. He takes my hand and we walk. "Where are we going" I say. He smiles at me as we continue on. We go up a flight of stairs until we get to a room. He opens the door and we enter. It's his hotel room. I can tell, his scent is everywhere. I turn to him and he picks me up. I wrap my legs around him. He kisses me as he pushes me up against the wall. He slowly lets me down, placing his hands at my waist. He continues to kiss me and I run my finger through his hair. Thomas pulls off his shirt and continues to kiss me. The kiss builds up with more passion as we go on. He begins to kiss me neck, I shut my eyes and bite my lip. The door opens, "Hey Thomas I-"

 I open my eyes and Brenton is in the door way

I open my eyes and Brenton is in the door way. Thomas turns to see him and he releases me. Brenton takes a step back. "Brenton I'm sorry" I say. He shakes his head and leaves. I follow after him. "Brenton please" I say as I catch up to him. He turns to face me "Why Issy" he says. I shake my head "I don't know." He scuffs "That's b.s. and you know it" he says. I let out a breath, "Why" he shouts. "Maybe because he makes me happy" I yell back. He takes a step back and I grab his arm, "Brenton" I say. He shakes his head, "Issy I loved you." I sniffle, "I'm sorry." He takes another step back and I let go "You're not," he steps forward "If your were unhappy you could've told me, talked to me, we could've work this work." He shakes his head again, "but instead you go and cheat on me?" I wipe away a fallen tear, "Please Brenton." He lets out a breath "Isabella I done" he says taking a step back. "No, you don't mean that" I say. "I do", he walks away and I stand there. I let out a shaky breath. I walk back to Thomas's room. 

"You alright?" he asks as I enter

"You alright?" he asks as I enter. I huff, "No, no Thomas I'm not alright." He comes over to me and I push him back. "You ruined me" I say. "You ruined everything," I sniffle "He cared about me and look what I did." He steps closer to me "Issy I didn't mean for this to happen" he says. "You didn't, and that was the problem, I let us get to this" I say. "I'm sorry" he says. "Sorry" I shout, "Your sorry?" He shakes his head, "Listen you're not the only one who lost something here." He lets out a breath "I might've lost my best friend, but now I loss you." I let out a tear, "Thomas you never had me, I was never yours to lose." I take a step back from him. "Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't even think of me" I say holding on the doorknob. "Issy I'm sorry, please" he says holding my cheek. I take his hand and put it at his side. "Thomas, this is over" I open the door "in every possible way." 

I walk out and shut the door

I walk out and shut the door. I run to a corner in the hallway, press my back against the wall and slide down. I begin to tear up and suddenly a stream of tears fall down. I sniffle and get up. I walk back to my room and shut the door I drop to the floor and cry myself away.