Chapter 10

Start writing your story

Enjoy this chapter!!

——————————————

A few hours later, Nadia and Bandit were breathing heavily as they ran a long distance. They weren't running anymore but they were walking fast. It was hard for Nadia because she only had three good working paws. Nadia was becoming slower as they walked. If Nadia noticed how slow she was becoming then Bandit had noticed too. Nadia was trying her best to keep up but she was having trouble doing so.

"Hey," said Bandit, halting so Nadia could catch up. "Maybe we should stop and rest."

Nadia managed to catch up. She paused beside Bandit, her breathing harsh and heavy.

"No," Nadia breathed out, tongue lolling out of the side of her maw as she panted with heaviness. "I'm good. We need to keep going."

"We need to stop and rest," replied Bandit in a serious voice. "If we stop and rest then we won't be exhausted if or when Azrael shows up and a fight was to happen."

Nadia let that comment stew in her thoughts for a second before letting out a sigh and nodded. She limped over to a tree and laid underneath it. Bandit watched her lay down and he padded over to her and also laid down, near but not touching.

"Goodnight Nadia," whispered Bandit, a yawn escaping his jaws after he wished her a goodnight.

"Goodnight Bandit," echoed Nadia, voice slurred with tiredness.

Both canines accepted the familiar and much-welcomed darkness. However, while Bandit's slumber was tranquil, Nadia's wasn't. It was no shock to Nadia that after the day's events she would have a nightmare.

______ N I G H T M A R E ______

Nadia was back at the old camp, the one where she was when she was in Azrael's paws. She was laying down in the camps clearing near the pond located in the middle of the clearing. She watched her pup, Leo, bounce around the clearing, having a joyful time. Nadia was happy for the first time in her traumatic life. Leo was her whole world, her pride, and joy. It was bothering as to how Leo came into the world but Nadia didn't pay any mind since it gave her Leo. Leo made her screwed up life better.

Nadia watched Leo bounce around, pawing the air and chasing butterflies. It made Nadia's tail wag with excitement as her baby played. However, Leo didn't notice Stefan strolling into camp until it was too late. He knocked into Stefan and lost his footing, tumbling to the ground with a small grunt escaping his jaws. Nadia stood to her paws quickly, watching with horror as Stefan glared down at the pup as the pup scrambled to his paws. Leo backed up, away from the glaring brute with his tail between his hind legs in fear. He remembered his mommy telling him to never mess with Stefan, Diesel, and Azrael. Oh crap!

"Watch where you're going, Runt!" spat Stefan with a growl.

"I'm sorry, Mister," stuttered out Leo with fear evident in his trembling voice and wide orbs.

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" Stefan snapped with a growl. "Ask your mother! You do something I don't like or approve of then you get punished.

At that, Nadia was quick to jump in front of her small, defenseless pup, giving Stefan a low, threatening growl. She stood protectively in front of Leo, glaring daggers at Stefan.

"Leave him alone!" snapped the protective mother, lips bared back revealing her deadly fangs.

Stefan grew furious at being demanded to do something, by a slave no less.