many happy returns |✧

chapter twenty-four | cliffhanger & factory station

chapter twenty-four | cliffhanger & factory station↠ ↠ ↠

"Keep your eyes peeled, everyone. We're in grounder territory," Bellamy cautioned the group as they moved quickly.

"Everywhere is grounder territory, alright?" Murphy grumbled. "I can't keep running." The group came to a stop, and Finn approached Murphy, trying to motivate him. "We don't even know if the guy Hunter killed was telling the truth," he said as he grabbed Murphy's shoulder, encouraging him to continue.

"Give him a minute," Bellamy said, stepping in.

Finn turned to Bellamy, concern in his eyes. "You heard what the grounder said, 'they'll outlive their usefulness.'"

"I heard what he said when she had a gun to his head," Bellamy snapped, his frustration evident.

Hunter interjected, approaching Bellamy. "Look, you think I wanted to do that? He would've told his people we were coming, and by the time we got there, our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can live with, but I can't!" She tried to walk past him, but Bellamy stopped her.

"Hey, you did what you think you had to do, but you are not yourself right now, and I can't be out here with another loose cannon," Bellamy told her firmly.

"Guys," Munroe interrupted. The group suddenly noticed the smell and the sound of flies around them. They looked around and saw bodies scattered everywhere.

"Fall in," Bellamy ordered, and the group slowly moved forward, their guns raised.

"Where the hell did they come from?" Murphy asked, realizing the bodies were from the Ark.

"From the Ark," Bellamy sighed.

They reached the edge of a cliff and saw Factory Station in ruins, with no survivors in sight.

"Rough landing," Murphy commented.

"There's nothing we can do for these people," Bellamy said, and the group began to turn around. Then, they heard a faint scream.

"Did you hear that?" Murphy leaned over the edge, along with the others.

"Hey, someone's down there," Munroe pointed out. They looked down and saw a young woman clinging to a tree on a small ledge below.

"Hey!" Bellamy called out. "Up here!"

"Please help me!" She cried out.

"Mel?" Sterling recognized her.

"You know her?" Murphy asked.

"Shut up, Murphy. She's my friend. We have to do something," Sterling insisted.

Finn, Hunter, and Bellamy conferred. "We can't stop," Finn said.

"This isn't a grounder, Finn," Bellamy tried. "We have a rope."