chapter 3

Residential Area of the [No Name], near the floodgate.

The five of them and the calico cat passed through the ruins and slowly made their way to an area that had multiple empty buildings that looked more intact. With that, the four of them left the residential area behind and looked at placing the sapling of the Water Tree in the reservoir. It seemed the place had prior visitors, Jin and the Community's children were cleaning the channel with cleaning tools in their hands.

"Ah, everyone! The preparations of the channels and the reservoir are completed!"

"Well done, Jin-bocchan♪ Did everyone help with the cleaning as well?"

Wai-wai, the children merrily gathered around Kuro Usagi.

"Kuro Usa-nee-chan, welcome back!"

"I'm sleepy, but I helped with the cleaning~"

"Nee nee, who are those new people!?"

"Are they strong!? Are they cool!?"

"YES! Very strong and charming people! I will introduce them right now so stand in a line everyone."

Pachin! Kuro Usagi snapped her fingers. With that the children formed a line with perfectly executed movements.

There were about 20 of them. Among them were some nekomimi and kitsunemimi boys and girls.

(They are really nothing but kids. Around half of them are non-humans?)

(Lo-Looking at them now there are lot more than I imagined. And this is only one sixth of them?)

( ...I...... can't really handle children. Will I be okay?)

(....cute)

The four of them all had different impressions, but they didn't say them out loud.

Kohon. Kuro Usagi coughed exaggeratedly and started introducing the three of them.

"They are - from the right - Sakamaki Izayoi-san, Akon Kaida-san, Kudō Asuka-san, Kasukabe Yō-san. As you all know, those who uphold the Community are the powerful Gift Players. Those who can't participate in a Gift Game support those Players in their private life, encourage them, and from time to time strain themselves for them."

"Ara, there is no need for that. It is no problem if you are more direct with us."

"Absolutely not. That way there won't be any organization."

Kuro Usagi immediately refused Asuka's proposition with a very strict tone in her voice.

"The Community's daily life is ensured by those Gift Players participating in Gift Games and by the blessings they earn through them. As long as you live in the world of Little Garden, this is a rule that you cannot avoid. If you spoil them while they are young, it will have a bad influence on their future."

"......I see."

Kuro Usagi swiftly shushed Asuka with an authoritative voice and manner. It was a strictness of someone who lead this Community for the last three years.

"The ones here are the eldest of the children. They can't participate in Gift Games, but as you can see some of them have Beast-type Gifts, so when you need something done, please use them. You are all right with that, right everyone?"

"""""Let's get along from now on!"""""

The 20 or so children shouted with an ear ringingly loud voice.

"Haha, how lively."

"I-Indeed"

( ...Can I really get along with them?)

Izayoi was the only one laughing. The other two had a complex expression on their face. Kaida have thoughtful expression on her face like pondering something.

"Well then, now that we have all been introduced, let's plant that Water Tree! I will put it on the pedestal so Izayoi-san please take it out of your Gift Card."

"Aiyo."

There was no water in the channel for many years now, but the frame remained intact. However it had cracks in some places and sand has accumulated in some important areas too. As expected, cleaning out all the gravel proved to be a difficult task.

"Say Kuro Usagi. I can't really stand to see children to do such tedious work like cleaning all this ruined place. And I personally don't like to live in a ruined place. I will restore this place to it prime condition at last."