2

yusuke wasn't expecting ann to run into his sensei's room after a mysterious black and white cat seemingly opened it. he called after her to stop, but ultimately ran after her instead. (y/n) said they were coming over, and the blue haired teen wanted to get this done before they arrived.

upon entering the room yusuke was confused, multiple portraits of the famous painting sayuri were placed comfortably on the shelves; with something placed in the very middle.

"what... is all this?" ann questioned, turning to look at him.

yusuke took a step forward, looking hesitant. "these are all paintings of the famous sayuri. but... but i don't understand." he replied, a hand rubbing the back of his neck. he shook his head, nervousness painting his face as he took a step towards ann.

"we must leave at once, my sensei said that we mustn't come in here!" he tried to persuade her, but grew annoyed as ann stayed put.

yusuke shook his head, his eyes on the center object. it was covered with a gray blanket of some sort, hidden from his view. a frown painted his lips as he racked his brain trying to figure out the reason.

"yusuke! what is going on here?"

turning around, yusuke's gray eyes connected to madarame's sharp ones. a wave of emotions washed through his body as he opened his mouth to explain what the situation was.

ann beat him to the punch, her bright blue eyes glaring at madarame. "no, we should be asking that question. why are there multiple copies of sayuri?" she inquired.

"yes. didn't you say that the original piece was stolen?" yusuke chipped in, brushing a lone strand of hair out of his face.

madarame's sharp gaze melted immediately. "it was. but I managed to recreate the original by using a picture on the internet."

from behind yusuke, ann had narrowed her eyes in suspicion. she turned, sharing a look with morgana as she directed her gaze on the covered object. with a quick motion the platinum haired girl unveiled what the object was, her eyes clouding with confusion.

"i-is that the real sayuri!?" yusuke shouted, curiosity tickling his voice.

madarame sighed, closing his eyes as he opened his mouth to speak. "i fell into serious debt. in order to get out of it i lied about the sayuri being stolen and started selling counterfeits. i promised the buyers a good price if they kept quiet about it too."

yusuke stayed silent, his head hung low as ann took a bold step forward.

"that's just downright wrong! think about what'll happen if this got out!"

madarame's eyes snapped open, filled with fire and glaring at ann. "and it won't!" he yelled, taking out a phone and pressing buttons. with a look of triumph, madarame waved the phone in their direction. "i just called security and ordered them to get you out of here!"

"sensei you should reconsi-"

"that means you too yusuke."

gray eyes blinked in the silence. what did yusuke do to wrong to get madarame to call security on him as well? his thoughts were filled with potential examples until ann quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

"c'mon! we gotta run!"

as yusuke ran ann dug into her pocket for her phone, just as (y/n) walked near the door. seeing the two run in their direction, the (h /c) haired teen stopped abruptly.

"uh... yusuke? i was just about to..." they trailed off, a yelp escaping their lips as the two bumped into them.

yusuke closed his eyes, just as the world distorted around them.

🌼

pain flooded his senses as yusuke regained consciousness. he was aware of something heavy resting ontop of him and he struggled to get up because of it.

"a-ah! s-sorry!"

the weight disappeared and yusuke was free to get up. opening his eyes, he sat up, taking in his new surroundings. his eyes widened at the difference of the world he was used to and this one.

quickly noticing four unfamiliar people next to him, yusuke got up on his feet and sharpened his gaze into a glare. footsteps tickled his ears as he stood up straight, his body immediately getting ready to run if need be.

"um, yusuke?" a voice called out, soft and uncertain.

taking a deep breath, the blue haired teen turned around - his body relaxing at who he saw behind him.

"ah, its you (y/n)."