6

five teens sat in a restaurant booth, quietly chatting over the recent events that happened to them. yusuke was the one who spoke first.

"i see..." he trailed off, nodding his head. "and because of that, this pe teacher had a change of heart..."

a smile tickled his lips. "the phantom thieves who steal hearts... to think they truly exist."

akira lightly tilted his head to the side. "is it that hard to believe?" he questioned, causing (y/n) to chuckle quietly.

the (h/c) haired teen shook their head. "no, we believe you... there's no need for common sense to blind us after seeing a world like that." they spoke.

yusuke raised his head. "so your plan with madarame- sensei-- with madarame is to force a change of heart, correct?"

silence followed soon after, a sort of gleam shining in (y/n)'s eyes.

"let us join... as a member of the phantom thieves." the childhood friends spoke together, excitement lacing in their tone immediately.

confusion spread through the atmosphere as akira, ann and ryuji exchanged quick glances.

"had the two of us faced reality sooner," yusuke started, another blush dusting his cheeks as (y/n) rested their head on his shoulder. "this may have been avoided."

(y/n) slightly nodded. "we gotta put an end to this for the sake of the others whose futures as artists were robbed, as well. that is the most civil thing we can do for the man who was... in some manner, our father."

"...civil huh?" ann echoed.

ryuji shrugged his shoulders. "sounds fine to me. we're gonna deal with madarame anyways."

"he may have a mental shutdown if we screw up. we have ways to prevent that, but they aren't fall safe." morgana pointed out, head popping out from akira's bag. "... remember how we mentioned this on our way here?"

"madarame is a man who has the art world under his thumb. he has connections to many organizations. if someone like me raises his voice, it'll only be snubbed out. ...we have no option but this." yusuke explained calmly.

blue eyes looked down at the wood below them. "kitagawa-kun..." ann muttered.

the black and white cat grinned eagerly. "it's a deal then."

the platinum blonde haired teen smiled sweetly. "we have two new members of the phantom thieves now! i hope we get along yusuke, (y/n)."

ryuji started smiling. "you guys better not slow us down."

yusuke turned his head, grey eyes connecting with (e/c) as he ruffled up your hair. "we'll do our best."

"just no nude paintings." akira blurted out suddenly, yusuke raising an eyebrow.

his eyes shifted in ann's direction. "so that was all a plan? ... that's quite daring, takamaki-san."

ann blinked quickly. "it wasn't my idea-- it was theirs!"

ryuji snapped back, a smirk painting yusuke's lips.

"i haven't given up on that yet, though." he announced.

"give it up!" ann yelled.

despite what happened madarame was so furious that he decided to take legal action against everyone, causing ryuji to sigh.

"by the way," you piped up suddenly. "what is this?" you ask, pointing at morgana.

ryuji raised an eyebrow. "huh? a cat."