Blue Ice Castle: Dazai Meets Odasaku

[A/n: The song that sparked the idea for this fanfic! Also, trigger warning ahead]

For so long Dazai rotted in that circus. Atsushi's death continued to plague his mind. Because he almost got close to Atsushi, other performers taunted Dazai for it. The abuse wouldn't cease and this was far worse treatment than how Akutagawa treated him. Soon, it was time for the next destination for the circus.

In a small town, the circus was being set up once again. More people were getting kidnapped and forced to work at the circus. The first performance of the night was about to start. Chuuya did the same monologue for Dazai's introduction, and everyone remained astounded. In the months Dazai was at the circus, he suffered a large blood loss amount to the point where it almost killed him. But Chuuya refused to let that happen. So Dazai was saved against his will. Many people stared at Dazai's chopped up body, and now it burns in his heart.

[Later that night]

Dazai was resting in his cage. Fresh bandages were put on him, but despite that, he didn't feel any better. A faint sound was heard from outside the tent. Someone came in and saw Dazai. It wasn't Chuuya, and it wasn't any other performers. Dazai got a better look at the man.

"Who are you?" Asked Dazai

"Be quiet." He said, attempting to unlock the cage. "Is there a key?"

Dazai pointed to the key on a table. The man unlocked the cage and Dazai was free! Pain hit Dazai again, so the man held out his hand. Dazai took it, and they ran out of the tent together hand in hand.

After they were far from the circus, Dazai said, "Who are you?"

"My name is Odasaku Sakunosuke. But you can call me Oda." He answered. "I saw you were suffering terrible injuries, so I took you away from there."

"Thanks. You're very kind." Said Dazai.

After that, they got to know each other better.

[Time skip]

After long months, Dazai got married to Oda. They were one of the very few male couples around, so they were special. Yet for a while, Dazai wasn't doing so good. His arms and legs managed to get better, but the scars of the past continued to plague him. Dazai kept having nightmares and was haunted by the memories of the circus. Mainly about him being tortured and how he failed to help Atsushi. He didn't even get to say goodbye to any of the people who were actually nice to him at the circus; mainly Naomi and Junichiro. Dazai was alone in his new house that he and Oda lived in, and the memories continued to swarm in his head. "Make it stop..." thought Dazai.

He decided he wanted the suffering to stop. Knife in hand, Dazai went upstairs. "Oda...I'm sorry I'm doing this. I hope you can be happy. I hope everyone can be happy."

In that moment, Dazai chopped off his scarred limbs! His body temperature dropped quickly as soon as his limbs were gone. In his final moment, he threw himself off the top of the stairs, and plummeted to the bottom. Blood splattered everywhere and soon, Dazai was dead. He committed suicide.

[Time skip]

Oda came home, and was horrified by the sight of his dead husband. "Dazai!" Screamed Oda.

The neighbors came in and saw him drenched in Dazai's blood. "You killed your husband!" Shouted the neighbor.

"I didn't!" Cried Oda.

But even his pleas weren't enough to clear his name. Oda was taken to jail and charged with murder. He was taken to prison; the same one where Dazai once rotted in.

The right hand that grabs is the color of ice.
The pledge on the left ringer finger freezes.
The left neck is red.
"Him", "It's going to flow"
The heart you eat steams and melts
Love and hate separates
You said "Even after defeat"
I was allowed to break the song (So he thinks)

The body falls down the middle of the stairs after it's broken.
It sounded like broken glass.
The ailment that exists gets harder to detect.
The world turned upside down and fell to the sky.
Floating (Falling) and he saw
"Him", "The "man" with eyes the color of "chocolate.""

Go ahead and look to the sky, it's already cold as white ice.
"He's" "already been around the world."
"He's" "already became a "king.""
The "man's" "chocolate" eyes watered and said "It's being made."

My heart freezes the "king."
Who wears an icy "cape" and a pledge on "his" finger.
"I'll cut it!"
The cut on the left arm is where is grows.
Hyacinth of ice (Purple flowers) whose petals fall and scatter.
The "man" smiled back with a broken look.