Red Swamp Bottom: Dazai in Hell

Dazai was lying down and was feeling warm. "Is this what suicide feels like? This wonderful, warm feeling?" Thought Dazai.

He opened his eyes slowly, only to discover he was in a place beyond wonderful.

[A/n: Pretend the waterdroplets are ashes]

There were mountains of fire and smoke in the dark. The ground was seeping lava and it burned Dazai's feet. A sea of lava was a short distance away. "What is this place?!" Cried Dazai.

He walked the fiery landscape, and there was something stabbing his legs. Coral reefs? There were needles on them! There were black hooded figures torturing people nearby. A figure snuck up from behind him and said, "Welcome to Hell, Dazai Osamu."

The figures chained Dazai up and began to torture him. He was burned by a torch, and another figure cut him open and pulled out his intestines! Dazai screamed in pain and a hot torch touched his eyes! "Any pleas?" Asked the figure.

"Why am I here?! Tell me why!" Screamed Dazai.

"You committed suicide which is one of the greatest sins you could ever commit. So you're here, receiving your punishment."

"Suicide..."

"You sure were obsessed with it when you were alive. Now look where it got you."

Dazai couldn't hold it in anymore. "I'm sorry!" He screamed loudly, "I didn't mean it! The memories of that circus were plaguing me! If only I'd saved Atsushi!"

"The Lord is very angry with you."

"Lord please!" Screamed Dazai, "Get me out of this place! I don't want to hear your crushing words!"

The figures smirked at him. "Can I atone for my sins?!" Cried Dazai.

"It's deemed impossible. Hundreds have pleaded, but their requests were rejected. You gave into your tempations to commit suicide, so you're getting what you deserve."

They continued to torture Dazai for so long, and he gave up on hope all together.

[Later]

After several weeks of torture with no end, Dazai couldn't take it anymore. His right eye was bleeding uncontrollably, and his left cheek was severed. His body was all bloody and broken. "How do I avoid anymore punishments?!" He pleaded desperately.

"Hmmm," thought the figure, "we aren't really allowed to say this, but there is a way for the most desirable human being."

"What?! What is it?!"

"You need to see the chairman of Hell: Ogai Mori. He's on top of the fiery mountain. You will see where your fate goes."

The figures smirked and released Dazai. He made a run for it, despite being in pain. The figure said to another, "How much you want to bet he makes it?"

"Everything. He'll never make it."

At the bottom of the red swamp.
Sinners dance within it's fiery depths.
Growing like huge coral reefs.
Needles stab at my legs.

In this place it's always dark.
Daylight will never come.
Sinners plummet to this place.
Filled with eternal suffering.

Searing with pain.
My skin is burning away.
Pulling out all my intestines.
Look this way.
Rotten fruit melting my eyes away.
So my tears disappear.

Even while screaming "I'm sorry!"
My past and future.
And everything I could of changed.

Please, my lord, please free me.
My ears are bleeding from such words.

To atone for all my sins committed.
I ask for a chance, but it's impossible.
I can see it reflecting in your eyes.
The pain and despair of all of mankind.

But you succumbed to all of your temptations.
And you fell to the bottom of the red swamp.
Light and love only disappear in the flames of this place.
Where suffering goes on.