→ five

Klaus warned Angel the next time he was prepared to undagger one of his siblings.

Angel was surprised by how quickly he was starting to undagger all of his siblings as it had only been a month since Elijah joined them. She kept her mouth shut, however, as Klaus brought her down to the cellar where he kept all his siblings' coffins.

Angel watched in a mixture of excitement and nervousness as Klaus pushed open a coffin to reveal a beautiful blonde with a knife in the middle of her chest. Klaus reached forward, only hesitating for a moment, before wrapping his hand around the knife and ripping it out of her chest. After a few minutes of nothing happening, Angel shot Klaus a confused look.

"She's being dramatic," Klaus explained as they crowded around Rebekah's coffin, waiting for her to wake up.

"Well, is she waking up soon?" Angel asked as she peeked over the edge of the coffin to catch a better glimpse of Rebekah. "This is boring."

"Everything is boring for you, Angel," Klaus teased as he pulled away from the coffin. "We can wait upstairs until she's ready to stop being a stubborn little thing."

Angel sighed, slightly disappointed as she slowly followed Klaus back upstairs to the study. She grabbed a random book from the shelf before sitting down next to Elijah, who was writing in his journal. Klaus soon grew bored of standing around doing nothing as he announced he was heading into town to retrieve something.

"What about Rebekah?" Elijah questioned his brother, surprised he wouldn't wait for their sister to wake up.

"Knowing our sister, she'll be at least a few more hours until she's ready to join us," Klaus grinned at Elijah's disapproving stare. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it."

Angel barely glanced up from her book as Klaus sped out of the house, leaving her alone with Elijah. The older vampire released a disappointed sigh as he snapped his journal shut. Everything seemed normal until Elijah suddenly straightened up in his seat and his ears perked up. 

"What is it-" Angel started, stopping as Elijah rushed from his seat the same time a flash of blonde sped into the room. He grabbed the vampire, who was rushing for Angel, and slammed her against the bookshelf with his hand wrapped around her throat. 

Angel shut her book and tossed it aside as she stood up from her seat to catch a better glimpse of the vampire. She felt her heart speed up in her chest as she realized Rebekah had finally woke up from her slumber.

"She's not food, Rebekah," Elijah explained, releasing his hold around her neck.

"Who the bloody hell is she then?" Rebekah snapped back as she smelled the girl's blood but remained unable to drink from her.

"Her name is Angel Knight," Angel cut in as Rebekah narrowed her eyes at the young teenager. "And she's right here."

Rebekah stalked up to the girl, eyeing her up and down as she judged her. Angel raised an eyebrow at the vampire, her eyes darting to Elijah who simply seemed bored with the whole fiasco. Concluding it was a regular incident for Rebekah to act so bold, Angel simply stared at the ceiling with a bored expression as Rebekah stopped surveying the girl.

"I guess I always wanted another girl around," Rebekah made herself sound reluctant as she tried to hide her happiness at finally having a girl to talk to. Angel's eyes trailed down from the ceiling until they met Rebekah.

"Funny, me too," Angel replied as she mimicked Rebakah's blank stare. It wasn't until Elijah scoffed at the two girls that they broke into similar grins and Angel released a small laugh.

"Rebekah, glad to see your finally awake," Klaus ruined the mood as he returned home, entering the study where they all stood. 

Rebekah's smile turned to a scowl as she ran up to Klaus, shoving the silver dagger between his ribs. Taking a step back, she let a smug expression fill her face as Angel watched with curious eyes.

"Honestly, Rebekah," Klaus sighed as he ripped the knife out.  "Haven't we already been through this? You know the knife won't kill me."

"She knows," Angel replied as she sat back on the sofa, sinking into the cushions. "She was just hoping it hurt."

"Nik, I don't know what you've been up to but I don't care," Rebekah grinned at the brunette, growing fonder of her with each second. "I'm taking your new plaything before she ends up dead or worse."

Angel began laughing before it quickly turned into snorts, causing her face to turn a beet red. Rebekah glanced at the girl in confusion before her eyes darted back to Klaus's amused face. Even Elijah had a small smile on his face at Rebekah's words.

"What the bloody hell is so funny?" Rebekah whined, hating when she was always the one being left out of things.

"She's not a plaything, Rebekah," Elijah explained to the blonde. "She's family."

"Is that supposed to mean something to me?" Rebekah rolled her eyes as she grew annoyed by Elijah's vague words. "Did one of you marry her?"

"More like raised by Niklaus," Angel corrected as her face filled with disgust at the idea of marrying either of the two vampires. The two brothers shared amused glances as Rebekah scowled at the two.

"Well, how was I supposed to know that?" Rebekah defended herself. "I've been asleep for a few decades at least."

"Stop being so dramatic, Bekah," Klaus rolled his eyes at his younger sister. "It's only been seventeen years."

"Seventeen, but-" Rebekah narrowed her eyes at Klaus. "You've never had me daggered for such a short period of time. What changed?"

"I thought it was time for a little family reunion, is all," Klaus shrugged innocently, although he was anything but. Rebekah scoffed at the ridiculousness of the idea before noticing the seriousness on everyone's faces.

"Okay, fine," Rebekah crossed her arms over her chest. "Then where's Kol?"

"Kol will be undaggered in due time," Klaus explained as though it was obvious. "First I need to make sure you aren't going to kill Angel before I set another vampire loose, especially one as reckless as Kol."

Rebekah paused as her mouth flopped open before snapping open again, trying to come up with a good enough retort. No matter how hard she thought about it, the more she realized that Klaus may be right on the particular occasion. 

"Okay, I see your point," Rebekah reluctantly replied. "I admit that snapping Angel's neck may be the first thing he does when he awakes but you have to wake him up soon. I miss him."

"All in due time," Klaus repeated with a smug grin. "Angel? Why don't you show Rebekah to her room."

Angel grin as she hopped to her feet before grabbing Rebekah's hand and dragging her out of the room.

"You're going to love it, Bekah..." Klaus listened as Angel began talking with Rebekah like they were old friends. He felt himself relax as he walked across the room to relax in the sofa, thinking Angel finally having a girl around the house would turn out for the best.

"You can't be seriously considering undaggering Kol," Elijah interrupted his thoughts.

"And why not, brother?" Klaus raised an eyebrow at Elijah.

"He'll kill Angel," Elijah's words caused Klaus to tense in his seat and scowl at Elijah. "You know he will."

"You think I can't control him?" Klaus questioned even if they both already knew the answer.

"We both know you can't," Elijah warned Klaus. "Don't underestimate him like last time. It will only get Angel killed and bring Mikael back to us."

"What do you suggest I do?" Klaus asked his brother seriously, not knowing what to do. "Take back my promise to Rebekah?"

"Keep your promise to protect Angel," Elijah corrected. "Leave Kol daggered for now. Rebekah will understand once she realizes why we did it."

Elijah sped out of the room, leaving Klaus to ponder his words. The more he thought over the words, the more Klaus realized the truth to them. He could either reunite his family or keep Angel safe. There was no alternate option. Kol was reckless and did the opposite of what everyone told him to do.

If undaggered and given the opportunity, Kol wouldn't hesitate to kill Angel, especially if he knew how much she meant to Klaus.