Chapter 5

Ojiro got out of class and went straight to the library. The training wasn't for another two hours, which gave him plenty of time to hang out with Shinsou. Maybe they'd read a book together. Maybe Shinsou would let Ojiro read to him. Who knew?

Ojiro stepped into the room and smiled softly, taking a deep breath. "Morning sir!" He greeted the librarian.

"Hello, Ojiro! Finish that book?" The librarian inquired, putting books where they belonged on the shelf.

"Yes, I did. It's really good. I'm not here for another book though. My new friend wanted to hang out after class, so we agreed on the library. Sorry ahead of time if we get too loud." Ojiro said.

"New friend hm? As long as you aren't screaming, I won't mind." replied the man. "Say, who is your new friend?"

"Hitoshi Shinsou. He's in the General Studies course." Ojiro explained. "We met during the sports festival."

"Shinsou huh? Ojiro, you should be careful around him. He-" The librarian stopped as the doors opened and Shinsou appeared. "Hello, student. Here for a book?"

"Not necessarily. Is Ojiro here yet?" Shinsou asked, standing nervously.

"I'm here!" Ojiro waved, smiling at him. "You're a bit early. I didn't expect you so soon."

"Oh? I said after class." Shinsou said. "Sorry if I didn't meet expectations." He mumbled, looking down at his feet.

"No no, that's not it at all! You surprised me, a good surprise. Usually, people bail on me." He said, then hastily changed the subject. "Anyway, shall we go sit somewhere?"

"Lead the way Ojiro," Shinsou said, waving his hand out. He followed Ojiro into his normal window seat.

Ojiro sat down, making room. Shinsou sat next to him on the floor. "You can sit next to me," Ojiro said, hanging his tail off the edge.

"I am." He said. "Did you want me on the seat with you? I figured this would be better rater than squishing you."

"No, no, it's fine!" Ojiro quickly assured him. "I was just saying. Sorry."

"It's fine. Hey, could you read to me? It's okay if you won't." Hitoshi said, blushing lightly and staring at Ojiro's tail.

The shorter male smiled kindly. "It's alright Shinsou. I don't mind. I'll go get a book. Don't leave." He instructed and walked away.

Shinsou waited patiently as he was told. Why did Ojiro trust him? No one did. Midoriya was the only other person to ever talk to him. So what was different?

Ojiro came back with a book and sat down again, nestling into the pillows to get comfortable. "Ready? It's a fantasy book about a mafia made up of vampires!" He said.

"Yeah, sure," Hitoshi said, leaned on the wall to get comfortable. "Whenever your ready Ojiro." He closed his eyes to focus more on Ojiro.

"Okay!" He opened the book and began reading. "It began on a rainy day. I ran through the alleyway of Tokyo, my sneakers pounding on the pavement."

Shinsou absentmindedly began petting Ojiro's tail fluff, already able to imagine the scene. He liked Ojiro's voice. The story came to life, using his voice as a passage.

"The men chased me down, knowing I had information on the spy. My long blonde hair was thrown into a braid and shoved under my hat. I was glad to be wearing a black shirt, otherwise, it would be see-through in the downpour."

Shinsou soon fell asleep listening to the story. Somewhere along the minutes, he had grabbed the tail he was petting and pulling it to his chest. Ojiro was too busy to notice.

"I had spent days on the run. Men everyone were looking for me and now I'd been found. My one true love, the man I thought loved me, the only one who ever listened, had betrayed me. I had no clue why, nor did I ever care to talk to him again. I hated him for what he had done to me."

....

"End. Well, what did you- oh." Ojiro smiled softly at the sight of Shinsou hugging his tail. "cute." He muttered. "Shinsou-Kun, wake up." The blond sat next to him and pet his hair.

Shinsou stirred, slowly waking from his nap. He took a moment to realize what he was doing and let go, blushing. "Ah, sorry I fell asleep. That's very rude, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Did you sleep well at least?" Ojiro asked, helping his friend stand. A small nod informed him of the boy's answer. "Good! Say, how often do you sleep? You always seem really tried when we talk."

"Wednesday." He said after thinking about it. "Was it? Yeah, last time I had a good rest was Wednesday."

"Hitoshi, you know today is Tuesday, right?" Ojiro said worriedly.

"Yup." He said, staring at the ceiling. "What about it?" asked the confused male.

Ojiro sighed and set the book down. He picked him up and walked out, carrying him like a child. Despite his protests, the shorter male continued carrying him.

"Where are we going? At least tell me that." He pleaded, having given up his struggles.

"My dorm. You are gonna take a nap. No complaints either! You need food." said Ojiro, obviously not taking no for an answer.

Hitoshi wanted to say something but decided against it. He just sighed and kept quiet.

Once they got there, Shinsou sat down on Ojiro's bed and pouted. Ojiro smiled and laughed.

"Can you at least read to me?" Hitoshi asked, leaning back against the wall. "I like your voice." He admits.

"Of course." He said. "Get comfy and I'll get a book." He went to his dresser and took a book from the top. Shinsou yawned and waited for him.

Ojiro sat down and got comfortable, letting Shinsou cuddle his tail. He opened his book and began to read. It didn't take much time for Shinsou to fall asleep to the sound.

"Goodnight Shinsou." He whispered, smiling, and closing the book. He pets the purple hair on his tail for a while until he too fell asleep...