Chapter 9

The librarian sighed and led him somewhere private. "Ojiro, I wanted to warn you about Shinsou. He's using you."

Ojiro blinked in surprise and took a step back. "No. No, there's no way." He said.

"I'm sorry to tell you. I overheard him talking to someone about it. You needed to know. Ojiro, I'm trying to help." He said.

Ojiro shook his head, glaring. "You're wrong! He wouldn't do that to me. I know he wouldn't." He said, tears in his eyes. Before the older male could speak, he ran out.

He slipped out of the building into the woods and climbed a tree, sitting on a thick branch with his back to the trunk and tail wrapped around his makeshift perch. Ojiro pulled his knees to his chest, tears in his eyes.

What if Shinsou really was using him? What if it was all an act? Was he just another toy to the purple haired male? Some thing to throw away when he got bored? Ojiro's heart rate sped up, alongside his breathing. He was having a panic attack, but he couldn't remember how to calm down.

He gripped his head in vain attempt to stop the attack. He began hyperventilating, tears streaming down his cheeks and his tail gripping the branch in a harsh manner. He let out a quiet whimper, the only sound he felt able to produce in his state.

Spots danced in his vision, so he shut his eyes tight. He began rocking back and forth, another attempt to calm himself that ultimately failed. He was panicking and there was no one to help. He'd have to ride it out.

Ojiro was unsure of when it happened, or how whoever was holding him got him down, but he realized that there was a pair of arms around his waist, holding him. He grabbed onto the hands as if for dear life, a soft sob escaping his lips. He leaned into the body holding him, not daring to open his eyes.

"Deep breaths Mashi. It's gonna be okay, you're safe now." A painstakingly familiar voice whispered softly, their calm tone welcome among his panic. "It's okay now. I've got you."

Ojiro took deep breaths as instructed, turning to put his head in the other person's shoulder, taking in their scent. It was a strange mix of sweat, cats, tea leaves, and paper. Shinsou. He cracked one eye open and looked up at the familiar violet eyes, brimmed with worry.

"Shinsou..." He said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. He was supposed to be mad at Shinsou for something, but the reason escaped his grasp in his quickly receding panic.

A relieved smile fell on Shinsou's face. "Yeah, it's me. Are you okay? That would've been a nasty fall. You're lucky I was out for a walk." He said, brushing hair from Ojiro's cheeks.

So that's how he got down. He fell. "no, I'm not okay." He mumbled. "I... I don't remember what exactly caused it, but I was overwhelmed with something and I was overthinking the situation." Ojiro said, picking his words carefully and speaking slowly to form sentenced before releasing them. "How did you find me?"

"Well, you weren't very hidden, although your scream sure helped scare the daylights out of me. I thought villains were attacking, I ran as fast as I could." Shinsou explained.

"Sorry. I'm just a walking disaster aren't I?" He frowned. Shinsou cupped his cheek and rested his forehead on Ojiro's wordlessly. Despite being mute with his actions, Ojiro got the message. Hitoshi didn't think he was a disaster.

Almost as if by accident, Shinsou's lips ghosted Ojiro's as he pulled back to sit up straight. Ojiro's cheeks heated up and he also sat up. "We should get up." Ojiro offered.

Shinsou nodded, almost reluctant. His legs were falling asleep and as the two stood up, he tumbled over, pinning Ojiro to the dirt. His face turned bright red, a stark contrast to his purple hair. Ojiro's face was similar.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't realize how close we were and I didn't know my legs were that numb! Are you okay? You didn't get hurt did you?" Despite his reddened cheeks, he still held a worried expression.

"Did you mean to kiss me?" Ojiro asked, remembering the feather light touch of his lips. Sure, he was changing the subject, but surely someone who was using another wouldn't kiss them, right? Shinsou's silence and head turned away gave him his answer. "Hitoshi, look at me."

Startled by the use of his given name, the purple haired male looked down at the blonde. "Yes?" He asked. Ojiro grabbed his shirt and pulled him into a kiss, their lips colliding messily. Neither had experience with it, but both were willing to try.

Ojiro pulled away to sit up and pull Shinsou into another kiss, this time rougher than before. It was addicting, the soft feeling of Shinsou's lips, the fire behind it, and the sense of togetherness. Like if he kept kissing him he'd stay with him.

Shinsou stopped it this time, a gentle hand on Ojiro's chest. "Mashi, we're in highschool. Take it down a notch okay?" He smiled softly and kissed his nose, then stood up, offering a hand. "Come on, I'll walk you to your dorm..." At the last second, he added a soft "love" to the sentence.

Ojiro took his hand and stood, brushing dust and leaves from his jeans. "Yeah, okay. Thank you." He took his hand again, having let go to dust himself off. "So, does this mean we're official or should I kiss you again?" Hey asked, only half joking.

Shinsou laughed, a rich sound that Ojiro never wanted to lose. "Sure Mashi, but not here. When we get to your dorm. Now, whether we're a couple or not is entirely up to you." He said. "I do harbor feelings for you, but if you don't return them, you aren't obligated to do so."

Ojiro smiled and waited until they reached his dorm to answer. "I do return them." After smiling at his new boyfriend, he kissed him again, a soft and sweet kiss goodbye as they parted ways for the day.