Pretty date

Leo's POV

The Annual College Dance. I really don't get why people were so worked up about this day. I might not have even gone if it wasn't for Leanne. Its all a waste of time and my precious pocket money. I'd rather just stay at home and listen to music.

It was 10 in the morning, I was busy with my homework, just when there was a knock on my door.
"Its open.."
Dad opened the door, peeked in and said,"Could we come in son?" and mom was with him, which made me a bit nervous. "uh, yeah sure dad, come on in.."
They entered and mom closed the door behind her. This meant, big trouble. But what?
Mom started "So, big day today huh.. Leanne told me you have a really cute date." I had no idea how the ghost haunting this house died, but i knew how Leanne was about to.
"yeah i guess." i replied timidly.
"well, i took the liberty of booking a nice car for you" said dad.
"What dad that's crazy.. its just a stupid dance that i don't really wanna go to.. Leah set me up to this" i freaked out. Why was this such a big thing for everyone?
"I also rented you a tux." said mom.
"This isn't happening." really, this had to stop.
"Well about the dance, we needed to talk to you about something." dad said it so seriously that it got me thinking real hard. "rather about what might happen after... " now i knew where this conversation was going and I did not want it to go there so i stopped him right there, "Dad.. really? you're gonna give me The Talk? dad we're just gonna dance that's it." "oh.. alright.. okay.. that's what got me thinking... okay fine have fun tonight." saying this they thankfully hurried out of the room.

I really hated dressing up, I just somehow put on the tuxedo, picked up my cell phone and i was good to go, just when my dear little sister entered in,"You're not even ready yet, the car's outside" she barked.
"what do you mean i'm ready to go.."
"Not like that, ugh, what would you have done without me.."
Next thing i knew, i was getting tortured, she made me comb my hair and sprayed almost the entire bottle of deo on me. She was also attempting on putting on a bow-tie, when i ran out of the room. I came down to the living room and Mom was standing beside the door with a camera. Unbelieveable. "Say cheese honey" I smiled an agonizing smile for the photo. On my way out Dad even slipped me a few breathmints. My whole family had gone crazy.

I drove the car and reached Dakota's within half an hour. I had to admit, I had zero experience with girls, so i was pretty freaked out. I honked before getting out of the car. Five minutes later I saw the front door open and there she was, like an angel. Her flowing white gown made her look like as if she had just descended from heaven. All the frustration and all the nervousness was out of my system just like that.

She smiled a light smile and closed the door behind her as she advanced towards me.