T H R E E

The first morning of school came, and every student in the school woke up to a bunch of schedules waiting outside their dorm doors. While the three best friends in Honey's dorm room shrieked about having almost every class together, Honey sat wondering whether she even had a single class with Luna Lovegood. And she couldn't check because she didn't know Luna's dorm number. Honey threw herself back onto her bed in frustration, staring at her class schedule. The words blurred together on the page, her dyslexia making it almost impossible for her to make out the curly writing. Finally, the words came together on the page, and her schedule emerged for her. She was taking all her core classes; charms, potions, literature, and other required courses. Then there were her chosen classes, which were Care for Magical Creatures, Divination, and Ancient Runes. Honestly, sometimes Honey would rather just go to a muggle school and learn things like maths, but she knew she'd get bored of muggle life soon enough.

Honey's roommates started changing into their robes to go down to breakfast, even though they didn't have to be in class for another two hours. Honey enjoyed waiting until the last moment to get ready for anything, which probably wasn't smart but her pajamas were incredibly soft and she was not willing to give them up easily. She joined the crowd of students, pushing past over-excited first years and half-asleep seventh years. Honey kept her head down until she entered the Great Hall, where she automatically looked up, searching desperately for Luna.  

She found her, hunched over a book in the corner, surrounded by a few other girls. One of them caught Honey's eye, gasped, and elbowed Luna in the ribs. Luna jumped and glared at her friend which made Honey giggle a little bit. Then the rib-hitter pointed right at Honey. Luna looked over, her eyes automatically widening to the size of saucers. She waved, beckoning Honey over to where they were sitting. 

Honey smiled, joining the table. Rib-Hitter scooted down the bench to make room for Honey. 

"Oh my goodness, Luna's told me all about you!" Her voice was high and fast, if she was an animal, Honey thought,  it would be a cute little brown mouse. Her hair was light brown and her eyes were large and dark, and she couldn't have been more than 5 feet tall. 

"Shut up, Sage," Luna giggled, blushing slightly. Honey thought Luna looked cute when she blushed. 

"Oh, that's really sweet," Honey said and it struck her then that this is one of the first times she's had someone willingly talk to her at Hogwarts after 2nd year. Besides Luna on the train, that is. 

"Really?" Luna blushed harder, and Honey had the overwhelming urge to put her arm around her, pulling her close. She didn't, instead placing her hands in her lap and trying to conceal her own red cheeks. 

"Oh, what's your schedule this term?" Sage asked, pulling hers out of her bag. 

"Um, well first I have Charms. I usually just check as I go," 

"We have Charms too," Sage said, gesturing at all of the other girls at the table. "Well, except for Bree. She takes 6th year classes because she's super advanced," Sage looked at a girl with dark curly hair and dark copper skin. 

"We can all go there together!" The last girl at the table piped up. Her hair was dark and long, like a waterfall past going all down her back. "I'm Rahmi, by the way," 

"That would be great," Honey replied, and at that instant food appeared on the tables. The abundance of food looked like heaven, and everyone automatically started reaching towards the trays, pouring pumpkin juice, and stacking pancakes. Honey looked at the first years, who were chattering excitedly amongst themselves. It was always an exciting first morning for them because all they knew of the school was the stories given to them by their parents and other peers. 

Honey talked to the girls, learning about their families and interests, taking a special interest in what Luna was saying. Eventually, though, breakfast came to an end and the girls stood up to make their way to charms. 

- - -

Saying goodbye to Bree at the doors to the Great Hall, the rest of the girls headed towards the Charms classroom. Sage and Rahmi paired up and in front of the classroom, and Honey and Luna sat right behind them. Professor Flitwick hopped up on his stool so he could be seen by all the students. 

"Does everyone have their wands?" He asked in his squeaky voice. Everyone nodded, but Luna leaned over to Honey. 

"I forgot my wand in my dorm room," She whispered, panicking slightly. Honey thought for a moment, then she had an idea. 

"Wait for a little bit, okay?" She whispered back, turning to face the front again. Professor Flitwick stepped off his stool disappearing behind his desk, rummaging around his drawers for something. Honey stood up, grabbed Luna's hand, and bolted towards the doors. Honey knew no one would say anything because the students of Hogwarts tended to keep their mouths shut as long as what happened didn't affect them in any way. The two girls crept through the halls and up the spiral staircase that led to the Ravenclaw common room. Honey attempted to push open the door, but Luna held out her hand to stop her.

Suddenly, the knocker in the shape of an eagle came to life. 

"What is the difference between Wormwood and Mugwort?" It asked, glaring at the two girls. 

"Mugwort refers to the 200 plants found in the Artemisia genus while Wormwood is just one of the plants from that genus," Luna replied. The door swung open, and the two girls stepped inside. 

The Ravenclaw common room was large, with huge arching windows and bookshelves lining the walls. Desks were piled high with paper and books. The ceiling was a dome shape, with stars that twinkled and shone as if they were really there. Honey assumed it was the same magic used for the Great Hall. Luna guided Honey past velvet blue sofas and dark mahogany coffee tables to the stairs which would bring them to Luna's dorm. 

The dorm mirrored the common room in its navy blue colors and airy ambiance, and all the beds were identical. Luna walked to the bed at the end of the room, rummaging through the trunk at the end of the bed. She finally found her wand, holding it triumphantly in her hand. 

"Now, let's go back to class," She smiled, taking Honey's hand. Honey didn't move though, smiling at Luna. 

"Why don't we escape for a little longer?" 

- - -

I'm so sorry this took so long oh my goodness!

I finally got my motivation to write back and I hope you guys enjoyed! 

Love uuu!

 - Moth