Why Don't I?

Chapter 3

"Brooke!! Hurry up or you'll be late! Breakfast is ready!" Brandy Buchanan called from downstairs. Brooke smiled as she heard her mother. "Coming!" She called back, finishing the bow in her hair and taking a few steps back to look at herself in the mirror. She normally wouldn't wear her cheer outfit to school, but since the elections and the pep rally were today, she had to go in and support her school, including her brother who was going out for president. She twirled, watching the skirt swish around her legs, before checking the ties on her shoes. She grinned, grabbing her bag and heading downstairs.

"How do I look?" She asked her parents as she came downstairs, sporting her new uniform. Her dad was already at the table, eating and getting ready for work. Bucky was on the other side, scarfing down his mother's eggs, clad in his own cheer outfit. He grinned, shooting Brooke a thumbs up since his mouth was full.

"Oh honey, it looks wonderful! You're going to be a great support system for Bucky. He'll need all the support he can get." Brandy spoke to her daughter, grinning and already sporting her own button with "Bucky for President" across it. Brooke smiled weakly at that. Of course, it was all about Bucky, when was it not? She nodded and plopped down into the seat next to Bucky, taking her plate from her mother. She didn't say anything after that, she just let her mother and father talk about the election and Bucky.

Once they had finished, Bucky took both to school in his own car. She still couldn't drive just yet, so she had to follow Bucky or walk home. It wasn't that far of a walk, it was nice to walk by herself sometimes, or catch up with Addison and Bree.

"I'll see you at the election Brooke?" Bucky asked as they entered Seabrook High School, grinning and already handing out buttons and posters. Brooke raised an eyebrow. "Bucky, it's just the nominations. You haven't been elected president yet."

"I know. But you'll see. Just you wait, I'll be president in no time!" Bucky grinned, clapping his hand on his sister's shoulder before disappearing down the hall. Brooke rolled her eyes, walking down the hallway. She still had class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"The first day of school and already Mr. Jones is giving us a paper to write?" Brooke exclaimed as she walked out of History with Eliza, who just rolled her eyes. It was as if the whole school was out to get them. The anti-monster laws were still in effect, but since they had made the unification gate, zombies were still allowed to school. Which was nice, Brooke still had her friends around.

"Shouldn't you be more worried about your brother and his stupid election?" Eliza asked as they walked down the halls and toward their next class. Brooke shrugged. "I figured he's going to win. But half the things he wants to do are not going to happen. The school board is not going to let him just up and change the entire high school around. I'm not worried." She said with a smirk. "As long as I get to stick with my friends, then I'll be okay." She gave Eliza a playful shove, who rolled her eyes and shoved back.

"I'm not letting you miss the Prawn."

"If you can't go, I'm not going." Brooke raised her eyebrow as she heard that familiar voice, both girl and zombie walking on the catwalk toward their next class.