𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

(WARNING: In this chapter, the characters are going to be investigating the death of a minor. The descriptions of the injuries will be kind of graphic and there will be talk of sexual assault/human trafficking. If you're sensitive to those topics, I suggest you not read Lucifer's POV of this chapter. Readers discretion is advised.) 

on with the story...

I step into the penthouse, immediately sighing. Wow, what a night. 

I suspect that Lucifer isn't home, so I head straight to my room. I open the door and see Orlando laying on 'his' bed, reading a book. 

"What are you reading?" I question. 

"Its called The Great Gatsby. We're reading this in English and I just can't put it down." 

I smile sitting beside his laying body. 

"Look, I understand what's going on with you now-" 

Orlando looks at me anxiously.

"I understand that Brian and I's relationship upsets you. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, but he's my boyfriend and I'm happy." I explain. "Maybe it's best that you find someone, maybe a date to homecoming. It could be a double date!" 

Orlando sighs. 

"Oh," He mutters. "Fine, I will." 

"Now that's the spirit! Now come on, get some sleep. It's pretty late." 

"Alright, goodnight." Orlando calmly says. 

He turns his body over to face the wall. I walk to the bathroom to get myself ready for bed. Once done, I walk back into my room and hop into bed. I roll around on the mattress for about thirty minutes not being able to sleep. Ever since Orlando walked into my human life, nothing has been the same. It's like I've been walking on eggshells lately. All I want to do is pull my hair out every minute. Today has been great and all, with Brian, asking me to be his homecoming date, but I know that Orlando has a problem with that. I'm not clueless, I know that Orlando is in love with me. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I was doing so well with Brian, and then Orlando just shows up, confusing the hell out of me. I love Brian, but Orlando will always have a special place in my heart. He was the first guy I ever was close to. I just don't know if I love Orlando in a brotherly way, or something else. 

[ ]

I'm awakened by the morning's sun beaming on my face. I rub my eyes, as they are sore from only sleeping for five hours. I sit up and stretch myself as my muscles are tense. 

"Yvi?" 

My eyes shift over to Orlando he's also sat up, massaging his temples. 

"I think it's time to get ready." 

"Unfortunately," I laugh. 

Orlando stays quiet, walking out of the room with a hand full of clothes in his arms. Man, this is going to be a long day. 

✞ LUCIFER'S POV ✞

"Father." 

My eyes slowly open as I'm awakened from my slumber. I rub my lids, not being able to see clearly. I look over to my left to see Yvi standing over me.