III - menu

*FLASHBACK*

I gained the courage to look back into his eyes and to my horror they were gleaming red. And they got redder, and redder.

Not only that, but a pair of frighteningly sharp teeth were growing inside his mouth, slightly agape as he continued to watch me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again.

But he was gone...

I glanced around frantically, blinking through the darkness for any shadow or sign of movement, but not a trace of him was left.

"Y-you know what? I think i should just... leave," i stuttered quietly, using speech as a way of steadying my rapid breathing and escaping from this dangerous state of paralysis.

Feeling the back pocket of my jeans, i pulled out my phone abruptly and dialed the number of the only person i could trust in a world governed by secrets and lies.

Calling Park Jimin...

Clutching the phone in my hand, i stared at the words on the screen in anticipation.

Connecting...

Connecting...

NO SIGNAL.

I scrunched my face up in frustration.

Why am I always on my own...

As soon as my vision adjusted to my surroundings, which were now engulfed in pitch-black darkness, I distanced myself from the spot where the man had been.

I left, half-walking, half-sprinting through the eerie street, back towards the direction i had come from, all the time wondering if the horrifying scene i had witnessed moments ago was real.

When will i wake up from this nightmare?

||

*BACK TO PRESENT*

My body, once again overwhelmed with fear, trembled at the sight of him.

He pulled a chair towards him and seated himself at an empty table, pretending not to have noticed me.

My boss's words spiraled through my ears like daggers.

"Rule no. 1: you must always look attractive and presentable."

I slowly backed towards the counter whilst keeping my eyes on his slim figure, when my elbow collided with a glass of lemonade, tipping it over simultaneously.

I gasped as the glass hit the stone surface with a clatter, the contents spilling rapidly and dripping over the countertop, staining the back of my precious uniform.

I was dressed in a black, off-the-shoulder minidress embellished in white lace, complete with a matching apron, headband, choker, knee-high stockings, and black heels. Before you judge me, I needed the money. Even if it meant dressing in a flirtatious outfit to satisfy my boss's creepy maid fetishes.

"Oh no," i whispered as i felt the cold liquid seeping through my clothes.

The mysterious man, with his arms folded and head tilted to one side, watched me with amusement as i made a complete fool of myself.