young blood

Living good, living evil is the toss of dice.

- BØRNS

The young teen sat on the chair with arms crossed and legs splayed in front of him, clearly having zero cares about manners at that moment. His face and arms were littered with bruises. There was a deep scowl etched into the boy's facial expression.

Fit took a glance at him from the crack of the door as he listened to the mentor's explanation of what had transpired that evening, many hours before.

"I figured he'll only talk to you. He's been refusing to tell us anything when we asked him about his reasons."

The Tekno agent nodded. "Alright. I'll talk to that boy. Thank you for the explanation."

"No problem."

The two colleagues bade farewell. Fit absent-mindedly rubbed at the corner of his brow with a thumb, his mind thinking of a script to say to the young agent he was going to confront soon. Bobby had had a good record since he enrolled in the Academy a month ago and he managed to steer himself away from problems during that time. Something must have happened that caused the young Inviso to act rash and initiated a fight with other agents.

Fit entered the room and closed the door behind him. The teen turned around with an obvious unpleasant face but that quickly melted away when he saw the older agent. His eyes widened, clearly stunned by the former's presence. Fit took the chair in front of him and adjusted it around before settling down.

"Hey, kid," he greeted casually.

"What are you doing here?" Bobby replied.

Well, would you look at that? "Oh, not even a 'hello' back to me? Is that how you greet an old friend?"

"Ah, sorry. It's just that, aren't you supposed to be somewhere else?" the boy shrugged. "You know, doing agent stuff. Or something like that."

Fit exhaled a laugh. "Being a MATA agent means you have to be on duty full time, but that does not mean I have to be on missions all day," he explained. Bobby hummed and leaned back on his chair, resuming his original position.

"How was your training?" he asked

Fit realized this was just an attempt to make small talk before he addressed the main problem. A problem child like Bobby does not open up easily. It's like coaxing a wild animal to trust in you.

"Eh, not bad. It's fine, I guess," Bobby replied nonchalantly.

"Made any friends yet?"

Upon hearing the question, there was a slight ripple on the teen's facial expression and the older man was quick to catch it. "There's a few I can talk to."

Fit nodded in understanding. He took a careful look at Bobby. The kid's face had scratches and bruises that sported the same hue with the ones dotting on his arms. His dark hair was unkempt and disheveled and he let a few strands hang out in front of his face, not bothering to push them away from his eyes. The gray suit he donned was dirty. Unlike the usual fanciful appearance most Inviso agents had for their suits, this one was kept simplistic.

Bobby lifted his face and threw a glare at him. "Actually, let's cut the chase. I know you're here because the mentors told you I got into a fight today." There was, no doubt, an accusatory tone in his voice.

Fit was taken aback by the sudden statement and was amused. Kid is smarter than he thought. Alright, no use beating around the bush.

"Gee, you caught on fast," he made a gesture to himself, "and yes, they called and told me about you. From what I heard, you fought against three kids. You even gave one of them a black eye. Is that true?"

Bobby huffed, a smirk shamelessly made its way to his mouth. "Serves him right. That asshole never tries to shut his trap."

"So it is true that you started a fight with them?"

"Technically, they picked a fight with me. I merely accepted the invitation."

The words of the Inviso teen sent his mind reeling.

"Bobby, this could turn into a serious case. Fighting against other agents, against your teammates is not something you should take lightly in this place. Should I believe that you have a good reason to cause this problem?"

It was a rational statement that Fit had carefully come up with and that seemed to tick the boy off. His face darkened and he leaned forward slightly.

"They asked for it! They won't stop provoking me and I figured I should let them taste their own medicine. It's not entirely my fault and like I said, they were asking for it."

"Have you forgotten the promise you made? That you won't start or get involved in fights anymore and you will do your best to turn over a new leaf when you join the Academy? What happened to that?"

Bobby clicked his tongue in annoyance. His arms were no longer crossed; his fingers digging on his knees, gripping them hard as an attempt to stay put and not letting his temper got the better of him.

"They were talking shit about you. In front of me! What was I supposed to do?! What am I supposed to say if the person I really looked up to were being insulted like that right in front of my face?!" he snarled. "I'll be damned if I ever let anyone disrespect you like that even behind your back."

The outburst rendered Fit speechless for a while.

So it was something to do with him. The Tekno agent was aware how some of the agents (particularly young ones) weren't too fond of him due to his stern attitude and strict approach to everything that had to do with MATA and their agent duties. He never cared about that matter, though, as it never benefited him in any way.

"Alright," he sighed. "I appreciate your honesty."

"So what now?" Bobby asked quietly. "Are they gonna kick me out or something?"

Fit gave him a reassuring smile. "I don't have a say in this. The worst you can get is suspension, maybe a week or two. You told me your reasons; I could use that to help lessen your punishment."

"Ah. Okay. Um... thanks?" Bobby wasn't sure how to reply.

It was amusing how quick the boy's anger dissolved.

Fit looked at the clock and rose up from his chair. He adjusted it back to its position. "Alright, that's all."

Bobby was taken aback. "Wait. That's it?"

"Yeah. I'm done asking you questions."

"Really?"

"You told me what I need to know. Is there something else you wanted to tell me?"

"No, sir."

He extended a hand and nudged the boy's forehead with his palm in a playful manner. "You managed to be a good kid in the first month you've been here so I think you'll be doing just fine."

_____________________________________________________

A/N

Back then when the movie came out (and when my full bucin mode got activated), one of the headcanons we made for Bobby is that he was a problematic kid when he was younger who was a delinquent and quick to get involved in gang fights (where he probably got the scar on his right eyebrow). Fit saw the potential in him and recruited Bobby into MATA.

Leen dubbed him the "half-eyebrow prick" and I still can't move on from that name. Melekat di kepala selajur skskskskskksksks

Also I might have accidentally made Fit OOC but his official character sheet did mention that he 'had a soft spot for his mentee' so I figured they may have history together. Given the fact that he appeared to be quick-tempered, Bobby seems to serve as some kind of a force to keep Fit grounded. It's interesting to think that once upon a time the situation might be reversed; Bobby being a hot-blooded young-ling and Fit talking to him to keep the kid in line.