Chapter Twenty

She's distant. It's alluring, intoxicating and she finds herself addicted to the constant mystery of Allison Cameron. The unknown little gems that this woman keeps securely hidden from the world is riveting and it strums an urgency deep within Regina to discover each and every one.

In the deepest of her heart, she knows this woman is holding back. She can practically feel how thin the air is whenever her lips are ghosting over the dainty, pale mouth before her, like Allison is holding her breath, petrified she might spill her secrets. Those piercing eyes, swirling in a mix of sea green and honey yellow, are constantly darting anxiously around, so she doesn't feel compelled to expose her truth if she makes direct eye contact.

Whatever Allison refuses to share with her, she knows it's heavy, she can feel the weight upon their shoulders every time they are alone and it only seems to grow with each day that passes. The burden upon their shoulders is aching and they are both slowly crumbling beneath the pressure, she just hopes the blonde will come clean before they both collapse.

Yet, despite all of that, Regina is still willing to turn her cheek and pretend that those secrets don't bother her. Allison did come clean and share something she had been keeping locked away, something intimate and far too personal about her parents. So, Regina takes that as a win in her book, because the woman wouldn't have shared something so deep if she wasn't invested in the future of their relationship.

At first, Regina summed up her attraction to her new neighbor as just mere infatuation with someone who bonded with her son. There's something sexy and attractive in a person who clicks with her child and showers him with attention. Of course, Allison Cameron is gorgeous, with her long golden mane of sunshine and her stunning eyes that are rare and seem to change depending on her mood or the color of her clothing. Sometimes in the day when the sun strikes at just the right angle, they are a pale blue, with an undertone of green. Her favorite is when it's late at night, and Allison is struggling to keep her composure, but their lips seem addicted to each other, that's when her eyes morph into this beautiful green with little flecks of golden specks that match her hair color. Not to mention her physique.

Regina's not entirely sure if she should be jealous, or absolutely in love with the woman's body for how fit she truly is. She seems to have the perfect balance, toned and strong, but not too bulky and over worked. The one and only time she was granted permission to see the woman naked was in the shower, and Regina couldn't stop her hands from roaming over every inch of her body.

However, the woman's looks do not compare with the way she makes her feel. The amount of compassion oozing from Allison is overwhelming, especially because it comes so naturally, like maybe sometimes she doesn't even realize how sincere and kind she truly is being. She knows it's in Allison's nature to be protective and empathetic, it's so clear in her eyes, but Regina also knows that there's a soft spot reserved for she and her son in the woman's heart.

It's almost unfair, because it's impossible not to fall for someone who walked into a mess and willingly agreed to clean it all up without batting an eye. She listens to every one of Regina's stories without an ounce of judgement and most importantly she has vowed to help her pick up the pieces of her broken family. Any other human would have jumped the next plane out of town with Henry's circumstances, but Allison stuck around and somehow managed to open her son up again.

He's talking.

Finally, speaking and that alone grants this woman a free pass to whatever she is withholding.

"So, this is really appealing to you and the kid?" Allison inquires skeptically, leaning into her side and lowering her voice, so Henry doesn't hear their private conversation.