Chapter 2

*×*Chase's P.O.V.*×*

It has been a few days since Anti moved in. I remember how, when I first got here, Jack told me about how Anti always had his room but I don't remember him mentioning whether he ever used it but by the time I came to be I knew Anti had already moved out and his room, well we had other empty rooms but this one, in particular, wasn't just turned into a guest room.No this was ALWAYS referred to as the -Vacant Room- . It was strange knowing now the demon was using it and that I even helped him decorate it and repaint the walls. The first time Jack told me Anti was a psychopath. He said he had accidentally created him and now he was out to kill him and ever since then I saw Anti as a threat... An enemy... As time went on we started to discover more about egos and more egos appeared. We found out that if the host or Jack dies ALL of the egos die as well and we're here to protect our host above all else. Despite that Jack doesn't treat us like puppets or simple guards. He treats us like family. We found out that Anti wasn't entirely like Jack made him and that he was a big ol' goof, pranking and scaring us after which he would take us out for ice cream or hot chocolate depending on the season. He used to leave on his own but now with everything he was practically forced into leaving here.

Suddenly the door slid open and a sleepy-looking Anti started walking to my bed. He stopped by my bedside table and turned on my lamp but seemed a little taken back when he realized I was awake.

'Are you ok?'I signed.

'Nightmare.' He signed back.

I moved back into the wall beside the bed and outstretched my arms. He slowly turned my lamp off. The next thing I knew I was spunning him while he was holding a pillow. I stroked his hair with a hand, as I attempted to find a reason why I did this. Was hate really what I had been feeling for so long?

*×*Anti's P.O.V.*×*

I couldn't believe he was doing this! I couldn't believe this was happening! HE, Chase Brody, THE Chase Brody was holding me AND playing with MY hair. I tried to woosh away a blush that was creeping up on my face but I just couldn't.
Chase was so perfect and strong and cool and I had just accepted it. I accepted the fact that I had a crush on him. I wanted to stay and enjoy his touch as much as I could but before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

"You're weak! You're worthless! The second your hearing comes back they're gonna throw you right back in the streets where you belong! You'll be all alone again! Forced to watch them laugh and enjoy their lives while you rot away in that sad excuse for a home!" The darkness... I was floating in a void again. Helpless. All I could hear was this booming voice. I couldn't move.I couldn't speak.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek...and another...and ano-

"ANTI! ANTI ARE YOU OK?" Chase... But why? I can't move. I don't- I suddenly felt warm. The world around turned white before coming back to reality.

I tried speaking but nothing would come out. Chase was holding me in front of him, a pitiful expression on his face. He probably realized I tried speaking again.I'm still not used to this. Chase made me sit on his lap. He just watched me.

'I don't feel like talking about it.' I signed after witch I outstretched my arms. He must've got the memo because he brought me close to him and I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest.

We stood there for a while. I think it was almost morning when he woke me up and by the time I let go it was already afternoon. We didn't move much though. He readjusted himself to laying with his back against the wall and I just laid on top of him for the rest of the day.