Chapter 4

*×*Chase's P.O.V.*×*

   I slowly awoke the next morning, smiling as I pulled my little demon closer to my chest. He shifted a bit which scared me at first but ended up nuzzling into my chest, seemingly asleep. I sighed and slowly moved one of my hands to the back of his head and began playing with his hair again. I can't help it. His hair is sooo soft. I accidentally let out a small giggle. I froze when Anti shifted slightly but didn't seem to react much. I was going to go back to playing with his hair when he looked up at me all of a sudden with his beautiful emerald eyes and a smile that made me feel like I could melt right there and there. He's a demon but he's also TOO FUCKING CUTE- I CAN'T- I softly smile back, trying to seem calm although in my mind I was frickin' out. 

   He sat up and looked at the window, looking at seemingly nothing. I sat up next to him and looked outside to see what he was staring at but I couldn't see anything that could catch his attention. I tapped his shoulder and he harshly turned to look at me, a terrified expression on his face. He looked at me for a bit before shaking his head and looking down, as if he didn't know why he had done that. I slowly put a finger under his chin and raised his head up to look at me. He seemed really sad and I instinctively let go of his head and pulled him into a hug. He held onto me tightly, burying his face into my shirt. He looked fine a few seconds ago… Did he try saying something? Is the fact that he can't hear or speak anymore affecting him that bad? Poor thing… I can't even imagine what he's going through…

   Suddenly the door opened revealing Henrik. At first the doctor looked surprised but he quickly regained his composure and put up a neutral expression. 

   "I would like to do a small check up. I need Anti down in the infirmary in about 10 minutes." Henrik said before turning and walking out, closing the door after himself.

   I gently pushed Anti away and smiled at him. He smiled back and signed 'Something happened?'.

   'Henrik said we should go down for your check up.' I slowly signed back. He nodded and got up from the bed, waiting for me. I lazily got up from the bed and stretched slightly but he grabbed my hand and started dragging me out the door and down the hallway.

   Once we got to the infirmary doc took Anti inside and pushed me out to go do my own thing. I didn't know what I could do and I didn't really feel like having coffee yet so I just sat on the couch and waited for something to happen. 

   I stood there a few minutes, in total silence, enjoying a quiet morning unti Jack came downstairs.

   "Want me to make coffee for you too?" He asked. I simply nodded in response and Jack seemed to understand and he quickly started to make the coffee.

   As he bought me the coffee he asked "How's Antonius doing?". I stood there for a second, cup in hand, starting straight ahead.

   "Who?" I finally asked, after thinking hard about it, trying to remember who he was talking about.

   "Antonius? Ya know, Anti! I mean yeah, Anti is short for Antisepticeye but it's also short for Antonius, which is his actual name." Jack explained, sipping on his coffee once in a while.

   "Oh, ok. Sorry I had no idea. Anyway, he's doing ok. He seemed a bit… shaken up… I don't know but this morning was a bit weird." I tried my best to explain, taking small sips of my own coffee. It wasn't bad at all.

   "What do you mean?" Jack asked, finishing his coffee and leaving it on the small coffee table.

   "I mean he woke up happy this morning, he stood up and looked outside at… well nothing and when I tapped his shoulder he turned towards me he looked terrified." I didn't finish the coffee but I put the cups next to Jack's empty cup anyway. "He then just looked down and when I lifted his face he looked… sad, so I just hugged him." I finished explaining, looking at Jack who seemed to be really thinking about.

   "Antonius hasn't been handling the whole thing,  with the spell that took away his voice and his hearing, too well… Before coming here he was constantly looking out the window. Last time I asked him what he was doing he simply said he was trying to remember how everything sounded, like how dogs barked or what some people's voices sounded like." He spoke up, looking away from me. 

   "Had he… had he forgotten any? Like had he forgotten any sounds?" I asked, out of nowhere. That question was supposed to stay in my head.

   "As far as he told me… yeah… He said he kept forgetting sounds every single day… He even forgot what my voice sounded like… I can't even imagine what he's going through." Jack said. He suddenly stood up and took the cups to the kitchen to wash him.

   I sat there, thinking about what he said. I guess I'll have to wait until Henrik is done with the check up, then maybe I can do something to make him happy. We could go out for ice cream or cook together. We can do something to take his mind off of everything… keep him happy until everything goes to normal, that's my goal now.

~~~ Author's Note ~~~

Sorry I've been gone- I had some things to deal with but I should be ok now. I'll try to update this at least weekly.

Love yall- Byeee