ㅏㅡ( 🌑 )ㅡㅓ

New Moon

The first time he interacted with her, it had been a normal day, just like all the others.

He'd left for work - assistant manager at a nice, respectable restaurant - dressed in a nice pink shirt and neat slacks, covering himself up with an oversized jacket.

The manager of the restaurant was a nice young man - younger than him. An open-minded, peaceful, art loving giant.

Absolutely clumsy, too, so they usually never allow him near anything.

Namjoon was his name.

And he'd let Jin go home early as there were little to no customers and it was almost closing time anyway.

And he'd accepted, because he had been incredibly tired.

So he'd said bye to him and the only other colleague. "Have fun you two! But not too much, okay?" He threw over his shoulder, not bothering to look back because he knew both Namjoon and Ashley were blushing.

He smiled to himself as he made his way home, walking past the same shops, the same streets, the same - everything.

His life had a routine.

And he liked it.

He did.

When the elevator doors opened, he quickly made his way to his door, fishing for his keys.

And paused.

Noises.

Loud noises were coming from his neighbour's place.

The door suddenly flew open, making Jin jump and drop his keys, staring with wide eyes at the scene.

His neighbour - a nice, quiet girl - was screaming and crying, trying to push away a guy; her boyfriend - or perhaps ex?

He didn't know what to do.

Should he intervene?

Should he just go into his apartment, lock the door, and pretend he didn't see anything?

He was contemplating the second option when he saw the guy push the girl - or rather, he felt it.

"Oof," Jin barely managed to stay upright, holding her tightly so she wouldn't fall either.

The girl immediately ripped herself away from Jin, but didn't make any move to go to the other guy who rolled his eyes, spitting out a curse, and made a move to grab her.

"Woah, excuse me, sir." Jin said, stepping in front of her.

What the fuck am I doing?

"Step away now. This is none of your business."

"I believe you made it my business when you pushed her at me."

"I didn't push her that hard. She's being overdramatic." He sneered.

"Wow, really? Because even I almost fell over."

"Then I guess you're just as fucking weak. Now step the fuck away from her."

"I think not."

"I fucking swear -"

"And I swear I'm already calling the cops." He said, taking his phone out and waving it.

He was calling someone. It just wasn't the cops and he hoped Namjoon would forgive him for cockblocking him.

The guy immediately backed down, muttering curses about fucking pussy ass shits and other colourful words.

"Thank you, now please leave."

He sent an ugly scowl at Jin and smirked at the head peeking over Jin's shoulder. "You'll come back for me, honey. You always do. You'll see."

And then he left.

Jin let out a breath and lifted the phone to his ear.

"Yeah, sorry about that, Joon. I had a little problem. Yeah. Sure. Fine, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Okay. Use protection!" He hung up.

"Hey, are you alright?" Jin asked, turning around, but was met with a teary face.

At Jin's words and feeling his concern, the girl broke down and Jin almost panicked.

He quickly closed her apartment door - there was no way he was going in there, seeing as the whole place was trashed - and led her to his place, gently sitting her down on the couch, rubbing her back until she calmed down.

She'd fallen asleep by then, though, so Jin laid her down and tucked her in, feeling proud of himself for choosing a comfortable couch.

And then he'd gone to bed, setting his alarm back an hour earlier than usual so he can cook something for her.

The next day, however, when he'd stumbled out of his bedroom at five thirty, she was already gone.