ㅏㅡ( 🌕 )ㅡㅓ

Full Moon

His days went back to normal.

He didn't see her again, which really wasn't out of the ordinary.

He was worried, but he couldn't help someone who didn't want to be helped.

As he walked home after work, he looked up at the sky.

It was a full moon night.

It had been a new moon when the neighbour incident had happened.

He adjusted the shoulder strap of his bag as he got out.

And froze.

Because 'creepy ex boyfriend' was at her door again.

Struggling with the door.

Bad vibes, his mind immediately hissed at him.

"Come on, sweet cheeks, you know you need me. You know it. Just open the fucking door before I tear it down!" He growled.

Jin heard a whimper from inside the room.

From what he could see, there were a lot of things blocking the door. Or at least trying to.

The brute was way too strong.

It wouldn't hold for long.

Jin quickly took out his phone, dialing the cops for real this time.

"Hi? Yes, there's a creepy guy at my neighbour's door. He seems to be trying to force himself in. Yes. Yes. Uh we're on the fourth floor of - ow! Fuck!" Jin staggered back, his phone slipping from his hand as he clutched his nose.

"You fucking bastard." The brute said lowly.

"Hey, I told you I'd call the cops if I saw you harassing her again. You can't say I didn't warn you, dude."

Shitface Mcgee let out a roar before coming at Jin with his fists.

And at that moment, his mind decided to be helpful and quote memes to him.

Now, Jin was no fighter, and he only managed to escape a few of the punches when he slipped or stumbled, but most of them still hit him.

He did have a high pain tolerance, though.

But even he could handle only so much.

He almost blacked out, too.

But then Asshole suddenly fell on top of him, unmoving.

"Fuck, he's heavy." Jin groaned, getting himself out from under him.

In front of him, stood the girl, her short hair messy as though she'd pulled at it too many times, and her eyes red and puffy. There were dried tear tracks on her cheeks and she was frozen in place, her eyes slightly unfocused, holding a broken vase in her hands.

"Ah, are you alright?" Jin asked, trying not to move too much because it hurt.

At Jin's words she startled, her eyes coming back into focus. Her eyes went over Jin to Dipshit to the vase - or what remained of it - in her hand.

She suddenly dropped it and scrambled away, crouching at the opposite wall, whimpering.

Jin sighed, wanting to sleep and also to go over to her and offer some comfort but it hurt.

He must have passed out for a few minutes, because when he came to, he had a flashlight in his face.

Everything was a blur from there.

Fuckface woke up at some point and was trying to fight the officers holding him down, snarling and spitting curses.

The girl had calmed down considerably and was sitting next to him in his room, nursing a warm cup of tea as they talked to the nice police dude.

By the time they left, it was past four in the morning, and Jin was exhausted.

"Hey, um," The girl started hesitantly, "t-thank you."

"Hm? For what?" He asked sleepily.

"For today and… The other time… And sorry.. For running away without thanking you."

"Oh, that?" He waved a hand. "No worries. It was understandable. And no need to thank me, I did what any decent person should do."

"But - but you got hurt for me." She sniffed and looked like she would start crying again.

Jin panicked and blurted out the first thing that came to him. "Hey did you know there was a lawyer who threw his son in a pool?"

She gave him a confused look. "... What?"

"Yeah. He threw his son in the pool. So people asked him why. Do you know what he said?"

"Uhm, no?"

"He said…" He paused for exactly three seconds. "that he wanted his son to… 수영!!!" (sounds like sue young and it means swimming) He burst out laughing, but then hissed in pain, and then went on laughing.

The girl looked like she was buffering for a second, but then her face lit up in understanding.

"Pfft-" She let out a short breathy snort before covering her mouth, shoulders shaking.

"Oh!" Jin exclaimed. "You laughed!"

She bit her lips, trying to hide her smile.

"No, no, too late! You smiled! No one ever laughs at my jokes! Hey, did you hear about the accidental Korean cannibal?"