Chapter 14

After Charms and Transfiguration, Hermione along with Harry and Ron heads to the Great Hall for lunch. On the way, Ginny joins them too. She links her arm with Harry's. "Some of the girls in my class were not happy to introduce their betrothed to their parents. Lucky for me that you are already Mum's favorite."

Ron gives her a side-roll which is returned with a scoff and eye roll. "I guess Mum won't be exactly be thrilled to meet Lav either. She always wanted me and Mione to end up together and give her grandchildren."

Harry untangles his arm and walks faster than the group. Seeing this Ginny scowls and is about to approach him when Hermione puts her hand on her shoulder, gesturing to go forward. She, then approaches Harry, who is looking down in a pensive mood.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." Harry shakes his head.

"Come on. Just spill what's in your head. Okay?"

"It's- It's just that on moments like this, everyone that I've lost comes flooding into my mind. I wish I had someone to introduce Ginny to. Then I remember I don't have anyone that I can call my family."

Hermione puts her hand on his shoulder. "Hey! One day you will have a family of your own with Ginny." Harry gives her a faint smile.

"Having a moment you two?" comes a taunting voice from behind.

They both turn at once and seeing Draco Malfoy leaning against the wall, they cast each other a knowing look.

"Not again." Hermione lets out a breath of annoyance. Harry grabs her hand and drops it from his shoulder. "Bet your eyes were burning, weren't they?" A faint smile plays on his lips.

"And you just needed an excuse to touch her, didn't you?" Draco sneered.

"Why? Are you jealous Draco?" Blaise joined from behind.

"Yeah. Are you jealous, Malfoy?" Harry added. Hermione gave him a warning look. "Malfoy doesn't have to answer that."

"Missus speaking for the Mister, huh?" Blaise teased.

"Oh shut up, Zabini." Draco became all flustered and walked out, joined by Hermione.

"What's wrong with them?" Hermione scoffed.

"Exactly! What's wrong with them?" Draco agreed, resting hands on his hips. Their eyes locked for a second before they both looked at another direction.

Hermione cleared her throat. " So I'll let you know when you can meet my parents. I need some time to explain this tyranny to them."

"Tyranny? What tyranny?" Draco pinched his nose.

"This marriage law?" Hermione suggested.

"Oh yes yes. This law is so unfair." Draco once again became flustered and started to look here and there. He had almost forgotten that the reason Hermione Granger was in his life was this "tyrannical" marriage law. How stupid of him.

"Take you time because I need some time too." He whispered the last part more to himself.

"What?"

"I said take you time, Granger." He snapped.

"I heard you the first time. No need to be so rude."

"Then why did you ask for the second time?" Draco narrowed his eyes.

"Because I wanted to."

"Wait what?"

Hermione had already started to head towards Gryffindor table. Rest of the group was busy eating when she took out a cell phone and dialed a landline number.

"Hello! Granger Residence. Who am I speaking to?" A feminine voice answered from the other line.

"It's me, mother."

"Oh! It's you dear. Why are you calling me at this time? Aren't you in the school right now?" Hermione could hear the smile in her voice which made her smile as well.

"We are having a lunch break right now and I just wanted to let you know that I'm coming on the weekend. I have some pretty big news to share with you and dad."

"You don't have to inform prior to come to you own house, dear."

"I know, Mom.. I just wanted to make sure that both you and dad will be home when I come so that I can tell you the news."

"What is it anyway?"

"I'll tell you when I see you. I got to go now. B-bye."

"Bye dear."

After putting the phone back inside the pocket, she started piling up food on the plate.

Slytherin table, The Great Hall

Draco heads towards his spot murmuring to himself. "What does she think of herself ... insufferable ... know-it-all."

He takes a seat beside Blaise, still murmuring. Soon Luna joins them earning several distasteful looks from other Slytherins, which goes unnoticed by her. But noticing Draco, she asks, "Who is he talking to?"

"To himself." Blaise scoffs.

"Or maybe to the Nargles." Luna answers dreamily, bringing Draco out of the trance."I'm not a loony like you." He spats.

"Draco ... " Blaise warns him.

"Oh no Blaise. I'm not offended whatsoever. Hearing about his encounter with Buckbeak, I know that he doesn't do well in presence of other creatures." Luna puts her hand on Blaise's shoulder.

"There are no other creatures in this Hall, Loony." A imaginary cross-shaped veins appear on Draco's forehead.

"You can borrow my spectrespecs if you want to see them." Luna suggests innocently.

There was a second of silence between those three when Draco turns his head towards Blaise with fury. "I swear my head will burst if she utters one more nonsense out of her mouth. So MAKE HER STOP!"

"Now that I think about it maybe you're right. There isn't any Nargle in this room." Luna persed her lips.

Draco straightened his back. "Finally she unders-

-I think it's Wrackspurts. They fly into people's ear and make their brain fuzzy. Maybe that is the reason why you are feeling angry."

Unable to control himself anymore, he slams both his hands on the table. "You are so dead, buddy. I feel sorry for you." He mocks Blaise instead. Giving Luna a last look, he storms out of the Hall.